Desperately Seeking…

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Cherie
Posts: 625
Joined: January 2nd, 2023, 8:02 am
Location: England

Re: Desperately Seeking…

Post by Cherie »

Kinky-In-Scotland wrote: Yesterday, 8:40 am There are 2 memories that stick out for me, the first was from the sitcom "The Goode Life" where Penelope Kieth wears a bright yellow ols school PVC rainsuit and the other was from the motoring programme "Fifth Gear" where Vicki Butler-Henderson drives a Mercedes estate car into a flood wearing a lovely pair of green chest waders.
Penelope Keith in rainsuit…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y-mZaphP5U
Cherie
Posts: 625
Joined: January 2nd, 2023, 8:02 am
Location: England

Re: Desperately Seeking…

Post by Cherie »

In the TV series Boomers one of the female characters has an accident and has to borrow some red PVC leggings from one of the other women. She hates them, then later on a handsome Swedish chap is turning the eye of all the women and he comments that “he likes her leather pants” which she says “it’s just something I threw on”. This is the scene in question, but you don’t get a good view of the shiny trousers, for that I need to find the full episode which eludes me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlkm-0QxtL0
Cherie
Posts: 625
Joined: January 2nd, 2023, 8:02 am
Location: England

Re: Desperately Seeking…

Post by Cherie »

The film Starcrash is a truly awful sci-fi clamity that some say is a rip off of Star Wars, some say the other way around. But it is must see for the main character dressed for long periods in a see through plastic suit and at other times in a shiny black PVC bikini. Here is a clip which shows both briefly…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krmUinRLxlo

At points in the whole movie you get a very close up view of the suit which I am sad to say has a texture to it, but that doesn’t detract from the action scenes in the whole film (if you can find it) that you will find yourself fast forwarding to because of the otherwise terrible effects and dialogue plus it features The Hoff which is another demerit!

Cherie x
plasticmack
Posts: 16
Joined: January 24th, 2010, 3:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Desperately Seeking…

Post by plasticmack »

merv wrote: Yesterday, 9:32 am
plasticmack wrote: Yesterday, 6:13 am I have a memory I can’t shake or find for that matter. Must have been the early eighties and I’m not saying it was Top of the Pops, but dancers like Pans People dancing to a David Bowie track in see through raincoats. Never been able to find it.
Not sure about Bowie but I seem to recall they danced in plastic macs to I can't stand the rain by Eruptiion. I believe they also wore small wellies as they were dancing in water.
I’ve seen that one. That’s not it. It might not have been on TOTP though.
pvcbliss
Posts: 137
Joined: July 14th, 2021, 7:15 am
Location: North Devon

Re: Desperately Seeking…

Post by pvcbliss »

I vaguely remember a 'Dr Who film with the dareks with shiny black pvc suits appearing in many scenes, also in an early 'The Goode Life' Felicity Kendal wears a lovely shiny diamond quilted hooded anorak in a very shiny blue material. One of my favourites as a youngster!
Cherie
Posts: 625
Joined: January 2nd, 2023, 8:02 am
Location: England

Re: Desperately Seeking…

Post by Cherie »

pvcbliss wrote: Yesterday, 7:29 pm I vaguely remember a 'Dr Who film with the dareks with shiny black pvc suits appearing in many scenes, also in an early 'The Goode Life' Felicity Kendal wears a lovely shiny diamond quilted hooded anorak in a very shiny blue material. One of my favourites as a youngster!
The Dr Who film was Dalek Invasion Earth 2150 AD. The suits were worn by “robomen” who were reprogrammed by the Dalek’s to do their dirty work. The sad fact was that the suits were only worn by men, so those of us who only like women in PVC it was a huge disappointment, especially as the suits were otherwise very sexy. The characters were also vaguely humuorous, especially when Bernard Cribbins was a roboman which also detracted from the suits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsFuK0Gs41o

Cherie x
Cherie
Posts: 625
Joined: January 2nd, 2023, 8:02 am
Location: England

Re: Desperately Seeking…

Post by Cherie »

So many old memories! In an episode of Mork & Mindy, Mork buys Mindy a dress as a present. Problem is, it’s a tight fitting pink PVC one which Mindy puts on reluctantly and tries to explain to her alien friend why it was not appropriate. Got to admit I had it bad for Pam Dawber, who I thought was the prettiest woman on the whole planet, so seeing her dressed that way was heaven!

Cherie x
Kinky-In-Scotland
Posts: 501
Joined: July 3rd, 2015, 7:38 am
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Desperately Seeking…

Post by Kinky-In-Scotland »

Cherie wrote: Yesterday, 11:14 am
Kinky-In-Scotland wrote: Yesterday, 8:40 am There are 2 memories that stick out for me, the first was from the sitcom "The Goode Life" where Penelope Kieth wears a bright yellow ols school PVC rainsuit and the other was from the motoring programme "Fifth Gear" where Vicki Butler-Henderson drives a Mercedes estate car into a flood wearing a lovely pair of green chest waders.
Penelope Keith in rainsuit…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y-mZaphP5U
Thanks Cherie, that was a blast from the past watching that clip, I'd forgotten about the black wellies Penelope wore! I'll have to go and put on my vintage yellow rainsuit and black Dunlop wellies now and "pay tribute" to Penelope :)
Wearer of Waterproofs & Waders - as often as possible!
annabell-cagoule
Posts: 1207
Joined: June 19th, 2012, 1:19 pm
Location: Cotswolds
Contact:

Re: Desperately Seeking…

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Definitely loved the Goode Life with penelope k wearing a yellow cagoule and over trousers, i thought they were peter storm
Lets get swishy!
Post Reply