Desperately Seeking…

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Cherie
Posts: 622
Joined: January 2nd, 2023, 8:02 am
Location: England

Desperately Seeking…

Post by Cherie »

Thinking about the recent discussions on old shows we remember, I thought maybe members could help each other remember or find footage of rainwear related films or shows remembered but lost or unable to recall something to help find the item. I’ll start…

There was an Auf Weidersehn Pet episode in which a dancer in a club wears a black PVC swimsuit and dances erotically for the audience. I have a vague memory. It might be series 2 episode 8 - Marjorie doesn’t live here any more, based on my investigations so far. But I cannot find the episode to watch (and no it is not on ITVX even though it says it is).

Cherie x
In plastic
Posts: 23
Joined: December 16th, 2025, 7:13 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Desperately Seeking…

Post by In plastic »

Similarly the 2 Ronnies had a mini series thing called The Worm that Turned. Involved a squad of police women marching, wearing fabulous shiny PVC tops and hotpants. Anyone know where it could be found nowadays?
Cherie
Posts: 622
Joined: January 2nd, 2023, 8:02 am
Location: England

Re: Desperately Seeking…

Post by Cherie »

In plastic wrote: Yesterday, 10:46 pm Similarly the 2 Ronnies had a mini series thing called The Worm that Turned. Involved a squad of police women marching, wearing fabulous shiny PVC tops and hotpants. Anyone know where it could be found nowadays?
Quite a few excerpts on YouTube, here is one that gets straight to the PVC clad point…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpZe4wP87UI

Cherie x
plasticmack
Posts: 16
Joined: January 24th, 2010, 3:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Desperately Seeking…

Post by plasticmack »

I have a memory I can’t shake or find for that matter. Must have been the early eighties and I’m not saying it was Top of the Pops, but dancers like Pans People dancing to a David Bowie track in see through raincoats. Never been able to find it.
Kinky-In-Scotland
Posts: 498
Joined: July 3rd, 2015, 7:38 am
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Desperately Seeking…

Post by Kinky-In-Scotland »

There are 2 memories that stick out for me, the first was from the sitcom "The Goode Life" where Penelope Kieth wears a bright yellow ols school PVC rainsuit and the other was from the motoring programme "Fifth Gear" where Vicki Butler-Henderson drives a Mercedes estate car into a flood wearing a lovely pair of green chest waders.
Wearer of Waterproofs & Waders - as often as possible!
irishcagoule
Posts: 210
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 1:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Desperately Seeking…

Post by irishcagoule »

I remember "The Goode Life" where Penelope Kieth was wearing the yellow PVC rainsuit. I always thought it was an old Peter Storm Cagoule and matching trousers, but someone on FetLife corrected that. I also remember the Buck Fizz band wearing similar Peter Storm gear in a promotional video for their UK Eurovision entry, which won.
sarahtv
Posts: 17
Joined: September 5th, 2026, 12:36 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Desperately Seeking…

Post by sarahtv »

Kinky-In-Scotland wrote: Today, 8:40 am There are 2 memories that stick out for me, the first was from the sitcom "The Goode Life" where Penelope Kieth wears a bright yellow ols school PVC rainsuit and the other was from the motoring programme "Fifth Gear" where Vicki Butler-Henderson drives a Mercedes estate car into a flood wearing a lovely pair of green chest waders.
Yes I can recall those waders…
merv
Posts: 1217
Joined: January 19th, 2010, 4:44 pm

Re: Desperately Seeking…

Post by merv »

plasticmack wrote: Today, 6:13 am I have a memory I can’t shake or find for that matter. Must have been the early eighties and I’m not saying it was Top of the Pops, but dancers like Pans People dancing to a David Bowie track in see through raincoats. Never been able to find it.
Not sure about Bowie but I seem to recall they danced in plastic macs to I can't stand the rain by Eruptiion. I believe they also wore small wellies as they were dancing in water.
irishcagoule
Posts: 210
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 1:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Desperately Seeking…

Post by irishcagoule »

I have a vague memory of rainwear ponchos being used in the sci-fi series Blake 7
Rainworshipper
Posts: 803
Joined: September 29th, 2015, 6:39 pm
Location: Cornwall

Re: Desperately Seeking…

Post by Rainworshipper »

I seem to remember an episode of "London's Burning", Where a woman was doing her best to seduce one of the firemen, she was dressed in a black PVC jacket and a matching skirt, she looked as sexy as hell. This was sometime in the 1980's, exactly when I cant remember , or for that matter I can't remember what the episode was called.
Post Reply