Pvc thickness

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
kinkychippy

Pvc thickness

Post by kinkychippy »

Hi you kinky people, I'm wanting to order some plastic pants from PVC-you-like. It's the thickness I want to get right, not sure what the numbers mean after the listing on the order form. I want some pvc that isn't to thick ,love there pvc outfits want to stock up my plastic wardrobe. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Cherie

Re: Pvc thickness

Post by Cherie »

The thickness is in microns. Sometimes PUL get the decimal point int the wrong place, so you see 150u and 0.150u but they mean the same thing. If you want thin then 150u is pretty good but BKS7 and WHT2 say they areas thin as 120u. If you want to be sure you can order a colour chart XX01 for £8.55 which contains samples but I don’t know if they include every available material. I prefer medium weight material for which 200u is as low as I will go before I consider it too thin, but we are all different, so one persons thin might not be someone else’s.

Hope hat helps
Cherie x
kinkychippy

Post by kinkychippy »

Dear Cherie,
Thanks for the message and information, 200 microns is for me I think will order the plastic pants very soon ,kinky chippy xxx
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

Me to.
I was looking at theme myself and didn't know the best thickness 👍👍👍
Cherie

Post by Cherie »

For me there is a sweet spot in weight which is around 240u. At that thickness it is heavy enough so you are made to know you are wearing it, I find very thin plastic doesn’t give a feel as it is so light. If you go too heavy the stiffness keeps the material away from the skin so again you don’t get the feel. But most of my stuff is 200u because that is the most common weight from PUL (which is where most of my outfits come from). But we are all different and some trial and error may be needed until you find your perfect weight.

Cherie x