Little support on materials

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
rubgum

Little support on materials

Post by rubgum »

I need little support on materials what this rainwear is made of.
Some photos can be found on

https://geakmans.tumblr.com

First: I´d like to know what the garments are made of .
Second: Are some of them still available today, new products ?
Third: Klepper is out of production, but I think there are some
other cotton backed coats on the market, but where to buy ?
Fourth: I saw a phantastic long oliv Jeantex raincoat, but I think
it is also outdated ?
BobbyValore

Re: Little support on materials

Post by BobbyValore »

4. (top picture with green suit) -> its a zodiac protective suit, probably made of PU or PVC (older ones can possibly be made out of rubber)
3. (second from the top) -> SBR; i think its a still from a "fetisheyes" video (https://fetisheyes.com/). You can still buy products in SBR from some British shops that produce it in the classical way, much more information about SBR and similar raincoats: http://rainwearpassion.com/raincoats/ma ... nd-rubber/
1. (third from the top) -> not enough pixels, i can hardly figure out what i am looking at.
2. (bottom picture) -> again a video still from fetisheyes.com. Not sure what the material is though. Maybe you can look on oneof the social media channels of feitsheyes and find a preview of this clip and then ask them what the material is and where they bought it. I found them to be quite helpful when you ask; they are clearly fans of the materials and products themselves.

To purchase items: the zodiac suits are sometimes available on second-hand sites or military dump stores. A real high-quality hazmat suit is extremely expensive though: think in the thousands for optimal protection. The one pictured looks like an older military grade one.
As mentioned you can still get coats and capes in SBR. It aint cheap either, but it will last a lifetime.

Klepper coats are not being produced anymore. Cotten backed coats are still available from other brands, you can check out farmerrain for example for a vintage-style long raincoat. And Stutterheim recently added a long raincoat that might be to your liking. Farmerrain also has regular workwear that is cotten backed.

Jeantex is not being produced anymore as far as I know. So yes, its outdated.
rubgum

Post by rubgum »

First of all, many thanks Bobby, I didn´t expect these detailed information
just from one person !

I have extracted all of the pictures from the preview videos you´ve mentioned.
The pixled 1. (third from the top) is a Jeantex coat but from another videotrailer,
very lovely girl, she knows how to dress correctly ! Haven´t got the URL, sorry .
It´s still available on the net, searching for Jeantex should give you results,
about 5 minutes long, it´s really worth watching it .
The zodiac is not exactly what I´m longing for, the material seems kind
of incredible; but a very long raincoat with hood is my first choice !
I´ve got Stutterheim, I´ve had Klepper, Farmerrain looks fine,
but I think going for SBR is next.
I´m German and buying items from other countries seems not that easy
for me.
Again, thanks a lot !
luvcapes&macks

Post by luvcapes&macks »

hi , rubgum , i have a very long hooded mackintosh made of rubber-lined navy cotton material , made by Weathervain , email or phone and speak to Stephen