AJ Sou'wester

Share your feedback on rainwear that you have or other rainwear related items and services you have made use of.
spitfire617

AJ Sou'wester

Post by spitfire617 »

https://waterproofs4you.com/collections ... -souwester

Please note that products from AJ Group are made to order so this item can take up to 28 working days for manufacture.

During the summer months (May through to August) there may be additional delays caused by suppliers being on holidays. The delays can reach up to 7 Weeks so please bear this in mind when ordering. Also, phone and email support may be slower during this period as a result of this.
(From Waterproofs4you website)

I ordered these Sou'westers in April 2016 they arrived June 13th 2016 but was described as a possible 7 weeks delay as they do have to be manufactured.
Not been tried in wet weather as they have only just arrived.
They are a little bit tight but they are a one size fits all.

Nice tie strings with a toggle for tightening the Sou'wester and the hat should not move in high winds.
The back of the Sou'wester is long so rain etc will not run down your neck.

I bought two of these.
Fluro Blue and Fluro Orange.
Well packaged on arrival
spitfire617

Re: AJ Sou'wester

Post by spitfire617 »

Jjai

Post by Jjai »

They do look good, are they made from heavy pvc?
I am looking at buying a long smock in yellow from them at some time before autumn.
Will you let us know how it performs outdoors when the time comes as it would be good to order with the raincoat.
Thanks.
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Yes heavy pvc and feel heavy but good!

Paul
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

Oh wow, the blue looks so shiny! I'm really excited now, I ordered a 3/4 length raincoat & sou'wester in the shiny blue, although they probably won't arrive until summer so it may be some time until I get to wear them in actual rain.
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Bill_P wrote: May 11th, 2017, 2:43 pm Oh wow, the blue looks so shiny! I'm really excited now, I ordered a 3/4 length raincoat & sou'wester in the shiny blue, although they probably won't arrive until summer so it may be some time until I get to wear them in actual rain.
Check the website it can take upto 6-7 weeks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgq3QEUU0ns
That is the shiny blue in a cape
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rA-p0-SUoY
And a yellow version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8duyl9jv9Oc&t=143s
Orange sou'wester
Paul
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

Yeah they just contacted me to let me know it would be delayed 2 weeks due to the company closing down to go on holiday. So I'm looking at some time in June (I ordered on April 15th)
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Bill_P wrote: May 11th, 2017, 3:24 pm Yeah they just contacted me to let me know it would be delayed 2 weeks due to the company closing down to go on holiday. So I'm looking at some time in June (I ordered on April 15th)
That is still with in the 7 week time line!
I had that last year but they are honest about delivery time so you know you may have a wait!
Other times of the year it is usually four weeks wait.
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

If what the local weather forecasters in Wisconsin are saying is true, it should arrive just in time for our annual severe summer thunderstorms. fingers crossed.