Rainwear careers

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
evad

Rainwear careers

Post by evad »

OK, gang- here's a challenge- How many jobs can we list that require the use of rainwear, on an almost daily basis?

I'll start:

Fisherfolk
Firemen
Railroad workers who unload acid filled tank cars
Sewer workers
Certain types of Miners who use high pressure water for mining.
Shipyard workers who clean the bilges of a ship
neil

Re: Rainwear careers

Post by neil »

I wear a 1 piece hooded chemical suit with rubber boots,gloves and sometimes a full face respirator for cirtain aspects of my job.These include transfering bulk chemicals of various types,making "mixes"of acid,water and various additives,working on or near pipework containing acid under pressure,and general cleaning and maintainance work.
In a humid climate pretty well anyone with an outside job will require rainwear some of the time so;farmers,police,motorcycle instructors,riding instructors,school crossing patrols,sailing and canoeing instructors.
Also,car wash attendants,window cleaners,gardeners,fish factory workers,abbatoir workers.....etc
pete

Post by pete »

A shower assistant in an old folks' home....
- Pete
Jjai

Post by Jjai »

How about :-
Milkmen, Postal delivery workers, Surveyors, estate groundsmen, national trust workers, school crossing patrol guys and of course us !!
plastic-london

Post by plastic-london »

motorcycle couriers
Best job? Saturday job at motorcycle shop - I was 13. I liked it when it rained and guys came in in their waterproof gear.
Goal? To meet a gay man who likes rainwear and doesn't think it's strange to tog up in my best waterproofs to go to 'bed' :-)
mrbassman101

Post by mrbassman101 »

British Rail staff used to wear navy blue double textured rubber mackintoshes in the 1970's and early 1980's.My girlfriend Alison and I went out for a walk late one rainy night wearing two of her dad's British Rail mackintoshes - it was quite a turn on as I recall. :)
Regards mrbassman101
wellyboy

Post by wellyboy »

Some air stewards wear nice gabardine mackintoshes as part of their uniforms. I remember seeing BA and B Midlands staff wearing those lovely, schoolgirl raincoats.
Aer Arann in Ireland also have a nice raincoat which the air stewards must wear.
raincoathumper

Post by raincoathumper »

farming, I was milking cows on my own over the weekend and it was raining so I got to wear my rainwear on the farm I was at and I had lined the pants with some pvc from an old raincoat that had split at the seam welds
pvcdreams.old

Post by pvcdreams.old »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REAUnwikX3k

but you have to like fish as well :lol:
cammacg

Post by cammacg »

I am a truck driver, and wear a two piece rubber suit when I have to load in wet weather. Seeing the cargo I usually load/unload is a boat, then I can expect to be out in the elements for some considerable time. I bid for the Rakjumar sit for sale on EBay recently, because I thought it would be ideal for my job, but I wasn't successful. Never mind, there may be others. Enjoy your rubber wether indoors or out.
cammacg