Dare you use rain gear.

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
SOU'WESTER_lovers

Dare you use rain gear.

Post by SOU'WESTER_lovers »

Dare you use rainwear, when it rains, where you live or the store where you shop for food.

Tell me, what rain gear, which you wear and what colors. Wellies, rain pants, rain jacket, raincoat, southwest, rain gloves.

If you not dare, tell why.
Last edited by SOU'WESTER_lovers on June 22nd, 2013, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sou'wester lovers
rainfash

Re: Dare you use rain gear.

Post by rainfash »

yes I dare. I put on my glass clear pvc raincoat and my wellies and go to the city center for shopping.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87934922@N00/
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

I guess I don't understand the question!!

We wear single-texture rubber mackintoshes when it rains and nobody gives a rat's *** and we buy food from local grocery stores.

So, wear what you want and good luck.
merv

Post by merv »

if its raining I will wear something waterproof yes. Why would you not
mason

Post by mason »

I always wear rainwear of some kind when I visit the local shops if it's really wet; usually my shiny Rukkas and rainboots or even my more girly PVC jackets from ASOS. I think most of the shops must know I obviously like shiny rain clothes because I wear so many different items there!! I have even worn my shiny green or yellow Rukkas to Safeways too; I rarely get any 'funny' looks, especially if it's obviously really wet outside.

I have received some very positive comments at times. Some people really loved my glass-clear raincoats and one cute girl absolutely adored by green Rukka and wanted to know where she could buy one.
matron69

Post by matron69 »

RainyDee

Post by RainyDee »

Well as I live in Scotland I have plenty of opportunities to be wearing waterproofs usually my hi viz PVC jacket and bib overalls I had shipped over from the US a few years ago, they're made by Tingley and are a thick, smooth, shiny PVC coated woven polyester, it does stand out a bit as it's not the normal kind of hi viz gear you get in the UK, I also have a set of Regatta style proofed nylon rain suit for when it looks like it might rain!
cammacg

Post by cammacg »

I wear my black rubber lined mack whenever the weather is wet or maybe windy, or even cold. If it is sunny and otherwise pleasant I carry it, just in case. I also have a rubber lined jacket, from Hamilton Classics, for wearing when it isn't raining too hard. I take a navy blue rubber lined mack and the HC jacket in the lorry with me, and often need to wear one or the other as I visit M/way services, or when I am parked overnight in some town, or truckstop. Wear what you want. This life isn't a practice run. There will be too much time for regrets later on. Go for it....enjoy.
raincoatboy

Post by raincoatboy »

If it's shiny no. There's something about shiny raingear that excites me.
PVCLOVER

Post by PVCLOVER »

I wore my long shiny black PVC hooded raincoat this morning as it was wet when I went to the papershop.I also have a similar raincoat in semi transparent black. Go out in your PVC and enjoy it!