Page 1 of 1
Mundane Tasks Improved by Rainwear
Posted: October 7th, 2026, 12:50 pm
by Cherie
There is obvious stuff like washing the car or walking the dog, but what other things have you had to do that were supposed to be dull but you thoroughly enjoyed because you were in rainwear? I once went to the household recycling centre, a job I really hate normally, but because it was overcast I managed to wear my clear plastic sauna suit with nothing underneath and regatta two-piece rain suit on top. Hurling bags of rubbish into the skips was great fun, and I got lovely and warm!
Cherie x
Re: Mundane Tasks Improved by Rainwear
Posted: October 7th, 2026, 12:53 pm
by northernbloke
Are there any REAL ladies here who hoover their house wearing pvc rainwear ?
Re: Mundane Tasks Improved by Rainwear
Posted: October 8th, 2026, 9:33 am
by Rainworshipper
Digging the allotment when it is raining, I wear one of my macs, makes the task enjoyable.
Re: Mundane Tasks Improved by Rainwear
Posted: October 8th, 2026, 10:43 am
by yellowgirl
Well my wife and I wear our rainsuits while we stub the shower and yes she does wear her long raincoats while vacuuming the house.I also wear my suits while cleaning the house or the pool.
Re: Mundane Tasks Improved by Rainwear
Posted: October 8th, 2026, 11:41 am
by sarahtv
I have a black double breasted trench coat, that makes gardening and cutting the grass, that much more pleasurable, maybe with a pair of Marigolds
Re: Mundane Tasks Improved by Rainwear
Posted: October 8th, 2026, 3:05 pm
by Rainworshipper
Many years ago now, I used to work as a milkroundsman, I secretly used to like the really rainy mornings. It gave me a good excuse to wear a Peter Storm cagoule and overtrousers, it felt brilliant being out in the bucketting rain.