Page 1 of 2
Cagoules on the BBC - Wales in the rain 1978
Posted: August 26th, 2023, 9:39 am
by discoruss
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0g1zl1q
Just found this on BBC iplayer.
Wales in the rain.
Loads of cagoules
Enjoy
Re: Cagoules on the BBC - Wales in the rain 1978
Posted: August 26th, 2023, 4:07 pm
by Anotherraincoat
Brilliant
Re: Cagoules on the BBC - Wales in the rain 1978
Posted: August 27th, 2023, 5:27 am
by Rainworshipper
I did enjoy this clip pf film, reminds me of bygone days, I would have still been at school then. Loads of kids at my school wore cagoules although I don't remember many kids wearing PVC rainwear.
Re: Cagoules on the BBC - Wales in the rain 1978
Posted: August 27th, 2023, 10:43 am
by irishcagoule
Great memories of buying Peter Storm Jackets, Cagoules and smocks. Love the smell when new.
Re: Cagoules on the BBC - Wales in the rain 1978
Posted: August 27th, 2023, 3:10 pm
by Cagoule
What a great find. How on earth did you come across that?
Re: Cagoules on the BBC - Wales in the rain 1978
Posted: August 27th, 2023, 7:49 pm
by discoruss
Cagoule wrote: August 27th, 2023, 3:10 pm
What a great find. How on earth did you come across that?
Just surfing the net. Googled BBC cagoule and it come up. A bit a luck really.
Re: Cagoules on the BBC - Wales in the rain 1978
Posted: August 29th, 2023, 9:21 am
by annabell-cagoule
Absolutely fantastic, think I am in heaven!
Whole street full of cagoules!
When I lived on Anglesey, I used to check out the charity shops, they always had a some cagoules in them, I bought so many!! i used to get really choosy about which ones I purchased. I sold a lot off a few years ago as ran out of room to keep them all,
Re: Cagoules on the BBC - Wales in the rain 1978
Posted: August 29th, 2023, 10:05 am
by mason
Interesting clip. I just love those kind of cold, teeming rainy days!
I also remember driving a Corty almost exactly similar to the yellow one in the clip
Re: Cagoules on the BBC - Wales in the rain 1978
Posted: August 29th, 2023, 10:10 am
by spitfire617
mason wrote: August 29th, 2023, 10:05 am
Interesting clip. I just love those kind of cold, teeming rainy days!
I also remember driving a Corty almost exactly similar to the yellow one in the clip
That's showing your age then!!
Re: Cagoules on the BBC - Wales in the rain 1978
Posted: August 31st, 2023, 2:59 pm
by discoruss
annabell-cagoule wrote: August 29th, 2023, 9:21 am
Absolutely fantastic, think I am in heaven!
Whole street full of cagoules!
When I lived on Anglesey, I used to check out the charity shops, they always had a some cagoules in them, I bought so many!! i used to get really choosy about which ones I purchased. I sold a lot off a few years ago as ran out of room to keep them all,
Glad you like it. Got my heart racing when I saw this.
All them different coloured cagoules.
Especially royal blue which is my favourite.
I too got quite a lot still.