Helping me wear my rubber mackintosh outside

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
spitfire188

Helping me wear my rubber mackintosh outside

Post by spitfire188 »

So I would like to wear My rubber weathervain mackintosh outside in public but I'm way to nervous to wear it outside does anyone have any tips to help me become less nervous to wear my rubber mackintosh out in public also what was everyone first time wear there rubber latex and pvc stuff outside in public like?
Also would anyone like to go for a rainwear or raincoat walk with me?
Rainworshipper

Re: Helping me wear my rubber mackintosh outside

Post by Rainworshipper »

I used to have the same inhibitions/ fears myself, I had always worn my cagoules and overtrousers out in public, but I felt too self conscious to wear a long shiny mac out in public. I began to wear one out in the early morning a few miles from home where I was unlikely to meet anyone else, least of all someone that I knew. One one of these outings I met a woman walking her dog and I was worried that she might think I was a flasher, but she just said hello as we passed and I began to realise that most people are not bothered by what you are wearing as long as the weather is rainy. From then on I plucked up some courage and began to wear a long mac out in the middle of the day, it felt a real thrill to do this, I am glad to have left most of my inhibitions behind. To anyone on here who is afraid to wear a long raincoat out in public, go for it, it feels liberating to wear it out.
mason

Post by mason »

Just go for it. I've also worn my rubber macs many times in public and nobody gives a toss what I'm wearing.

Sustainability i/e recycled new/old clothes is a very big thing here, so what I'm wearing is actually cool. lol
Blackvinyl

Post by Blackvinyl »

Ive never worried about what I wear. Having worked in London you see all extremes there. I just joined in. My liking for wearing shiny vinyl jackets and macs is pretty tame compared to some, and I have NEVER had a bad comment made, only good! I now work from home and continue to wear my shiny vinyl, with hoods up in and around where I live, weather permitting of course. Nobody takes a blind bit of any notice.
Im fortunate, Im also encouraged by my very dom partner of 12yrs, these days. She loves it!
Go out and enjoy yourself. What with the politics, cost of living, gas and electric bills, people have a lot more to worry about than what you are wearing. Sadly its already 28C hot and sunny. Sadly shorts and tee shirts today. That is unless of course my beloved Mistress says otherwise.........
Sbr.and.vinyl

Post by Sbr.and.vinyl »

Sounds like the perfect relationship. Your comments are spot on. In this day and age nobody cares what you look like. Enjoy yourself. Life is too goddam short!!!
Rubbersocks1999

Post by Rubbersocks1999 »

Fear of wearing your mac is something you will have to overcome. Suggest wearing your mac in the appropriate weather. Also wear it in a different town. Being recognised is the hardest fear to overcome. It is a process. I wish you well with it.
GlendaS

Post by GlendaS »

Its all phycological, as we associate it with our kinks, fetish, and something sexual.
The average person does not see it that way and the first steps is to wear your attire in the appropriate weather, example in the last couple of days has been heavy rain, and therefore i went to the shops in my nice blue shiny PUL rainsuit, with nice shiny Hunter wellies, the fact i had nothing on underneath was immaterial as its all done up and no one knows.
So with my bit of shopping went to the checkouts and there in one of the ques were an oldish couple in lovely long semi transparent plastic pac a macs, so i thought lets all que together.
I said well at least we are dressed for it, to which the reply from the older lady said yes and started to talk about the English weather, with no reference to the lovely PVC attire we were all wearing.
Nor did anyone take a 2nd glance at my rainsuit, so wear and enjoy.
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

In my experience over the last 3 years when I have been wearing my long mac out in public, I don't think that anyone is going to say anything derogatory to you, but one thing I will suggest that might make you feel more confident: keep a slight smile on your face, practice doing this all the time, not just when you are wearing your rainwear. If anybody out there has a mind to be a bit awkward it will tend to put them on the back foot.
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Rainworshipper wrote: June 19th, 2023, 4:51 pm In my experience over the last 3 years when I have been wearing my long mac out in public, I don't think that anyone is going to say anything derogatory to you, but one thing I will suggest that might make you feel more confident: keep a slight smile on your face, practice doing this all the time, not just when you are wearing your rainwear. If anybody out there has a mind to be a bit awkward it will tend to put them on the back foot.
What, like your ever so slightly aroused? 😂 😂 😂
Lets get swishy!