Weather

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Nylon macs

Re: Weather

Post by Nylon macs »

Rain here today at the moment. So will be popping out in my waterproof leggings and Peter storm jacket hood up and wellies on just to enjoy the wet weather before the sun they forecast for next week .
Mydreamhascometrue

Post by Mydreamhascometrue »

Same here today ,walking dog in my trans navy plastic mac
Sarah pvc

Post by Sarah pvc »

Bit showery here today, just been out in a black Pvc trench, got a few looks plus a few positive comments.
Taffmac

Post by Taffmac »

Mydreamhascometrue wrote: August 13th, 2023, 8:26 am Same here today ,walking dog in my trans navy plastic mac
"Trans" ? Would that be transparent or translucent ? Glad to see someone else wears see-through plastic outdoors. I have been for a walk a few times around my local park recently wearing my Jeantex Frank see-through plastic jacket. I intend to do the same tomorrow as rain is forecast for most of the day. If the rain is particularly heavy I might wear my longer Pro-X Elements Fred see-through plastic mac.
Vxr 15

Post by Vxr 15 »

Well what a morning that was in Southampton, I went out just before 6am just as it started to rain and with in minutes I was stood there being pelted with heavy rain and this must of happened 3-4 time's over about 4 hour's, the heaviest rain was the 3 down pour that must of lasted a good 10 minutes. Of course by this time I was really wet even though I had on a PVC raincoat but the rain was still getting in, can't wait for the next down pour to do it all over again.
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Weather has been perfect today, windy and wet, worn by vintage zip up blue kway cagoule all day outside at work, and now i am in my camper van with nothing but the same cagoule on ready to go to sleep, 15 hours wearing it so far, will see if i make it to morning with it on, maybe it will be a nice 24hrs at least! :)
Lets get swishy!
Vxr 15

Post by Vxr 15 »

annabell-cagoule wrote: August 18th, 2023, 9:43 pm Weather has been perfect today, windy and wet, worn by vintage zip up blue kway cagoule all day outside at work, and now i am in my camper van with nothing but the same cagoule on ready to go to sleep, 15 hours wearing it so far, will see if i make it to morning with it on, maybe it will be a nice 24hrs at least! :)
That sounds really nice being in your cagoule all day and now going to sleep in it as well, I'm going to have to try that feet and see if I can get any where near that as I also like to wear any of my raincoats and especially if i can do it for the same amount of time then that would be great, hope you made it to morning.
shinyphile

Post by shinyphile »

We’ve had a lot of rain this past week but most storms occurring during night hours leaving clear skies in the daytime.

I look forward to the fall when a full day of rain in a cooler temperature day requires rainwear!
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

Vxr 15 wrote: August 19th, 2023, 1:30 pm
annabell-cagoule wrote: August 18th, 2023, 9:43 pm Weather has been perfect today, windy and wet, worn by vintage zip up blue kway cagoule all day outside at work, and now i am in my camper van with nothing but the same cagoule on ready to go to sleep, 15 hours wearing it so far, will see if i make it to morning with it on, maybe it will be a nice 24hrs at least! :)
That sounds really nice being in your cagoule all day and now going to sleep in it as well, I'm going to have to try that feet and see if I can get any where near that as I also like to wear any of my raincoats and especially if i can do it for the same amount of time then that would be great, hope you made it to morning.
Can I come and camp next to you please. I will be in my lovely cagoules to and leggings. We can e experiment and learn about the same things we like and see how long I can keep mine on before I have to take it off or if you let mr take it off x
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

The summer came back. So not actually rainwear weather here. But that is no excuse for not wearing anything shiny.
So I am sitting here in my hot homeoffice wearing ine like these until it is hetting really wet inside:

https://www.dollskill.com/products/on-t ... l-jumpsuit

I also drink a lot to boost the process. I hope noone will make a video call..... normal phone calls are not so much of a problem after a while. The rustling gets weaker as soon as it is enogh humid inside.

Tonorrow I will probably do the same with a nice a long shiny trench coat.