Amount of views but hardly a reply

If you are interested to meet your fellow forum members this is where to set up a meeting.
Rubberrainwear

Amount of views but hardly a reply

Post by Rubberrainwear »

Has anyone noticed that the amount of views verses the amount is of replies is staggering. Surely there are plenty of people that would like to meet people from that area or have a chat but are too afraid to answer,it's baffling to me,what do others think.
Virginial

Re: Amount of views but hardly a reply

Post by Virginial »

I think part of the problem may be Members' reluctance to identify where they live. I've banged on about this several times. Not interested in precise details but an area would be helpful. I'd love to correspond with mac lovers, hoping perhaps to meet up for some fun, but wouldn't bother if long way away!
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

Virginial wrote: May 24th, 2023, 6:37 pm I think part of the problem may be Members' reluctance to identify where they live. I've banged on about this several times. Not interested in precise details but an area would be helpful.
Totally agree
It doesn't pin you down to a postcode by putting your County does it ?
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
Virginial

Post by Virginial »

Of course not. I live near the Gloucestershire/Herefordshire border - and at least folks know it's sort of west country. Other people I'd like to meet could live in Scotland for all I know. The Chix Site requires an area indication and I see no reason why this Site shouldn't either.
PLASTIC BOY

Post by PLASTIC BOY »

Yes I agree, It Does not pin you down to a particular town or street just the county will do????? It gives potential members a idea where your from
then they can make there own mind up If they want a meet?????
Virginial

Post by Virginial »

Why don't the hierarchy making it a condition of membership - like Chix?
I stress - it doesn't have to be a pinpoint address, but an area/region would be a tremendous help.
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

I don't want to reveal even the county in which I live: I do have a valid reason for this.
Last edited by Rainworshipper on June 17th, 2023, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smooth and shiny

Post by Smooth and shiny »

Rubberrainwear wrote: May 24th, 2023, 4:55 pm Has anyone noticed that the amount of views verses the amount is of replies is staggering. Surely there are plenty of people that would like to meet people from that area or have a chat but are too afraid to answer,it's baffling to me,what do others think.
I think that part of the problem is that many members (myself included) have learned from an early age that we have an urge in us that we feel the need to keep secret. It is difficult to reveal our innermost desires.
Virginial

Post by Virginial »

I used to keep my urge a secret too, and then decided to 'come out' - only with supposedly trusted acquaintances.
Speaking entirely personally I've found every fellow male mac enthusiast (TV's in particular), entirely discrete, honest and of the highest integrity. My experience with females with whom I've declared my 'secret', not so.
Ex girlfriends can be a problem!!
PLASTIC BOY

Post by PLASTIC BOY »

Hi there
I think we are ALL in the same boat, People cant go blabbing about someone without including them selves, So we have to be discrete to other
people about our kinks???