Childhood Rainwear Jealousy

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
plasticmacboy

Re: Childhood Rainwear Jealousy

Post by plasticmacboy »

pvcbliss wrote: April 27th, 2023, 11:25 am I went to a mixed grammar school (I was a clever bugger then!). Our cloakroom, although divided, housed both girls and boys coats and jackets. By the age of 13 or 14 my fetish for shiny coats, macks and anoraks was already developing into the obsession it is today! I never stole, but used to regularly 'borrow' any rainwear that particularly appealed that day. I would leave my leather case under my own hanging coat, and during the afternoon would go for a wee break and slip into the cloak room and pinch the desired mack. Once home, I would sneak it up to my bedroom, being careful not to be caught, would fondle it and wear it, then get to school early and replace it near where I took it, under someone elses coat! Sneaky heh!!! I did this loads of times. Never got caught. My favourites, the girls shiny pvc macs, especially if it was hooded, sometimes got borrowed several times! I loved all the different textures and smells. It certainly must have helped develop my particular favourites of today! To this day, I wonder how the missing, then reappearing coat owners explained that one away! Sorry, if one of you are now reading this!!!
I used to do the exact same thing while at Middle and High School - I'd always be on the lookout for girls see-through plastic raincoats which were very popular when I was at school in the late 70's and early 80's, then stuff one into my school bag, take it home, wear it in bed, do rather naughty things with it, and then also return it the next day. Very naughty I know, but I was addicted, and still am to this day!
GlendaS

Post by GlendaS »

I remember my first love was Mrs Andrews a school teacher in my primary school, i was 10 years old and fell in love with her lovely shiny black PVC raincoat that had a high collar and came down to the shins. i used to love rainy days as she would wear it along with a lovely shiny black pvc rain hat and black shiny boots.
she would hang it in the cloakroom and i would play up so i would be sent outside the class to stand in the corridor where upon i would sneak to mac off to the toilet and play with it mmmm lovely days.
Cagoule

Post by Cagoule »

My first cagoule came from a school lost property sale. I had been too embarrassed to ask my parents for one even though I desperately wanted one. I was insanely jealous of my friends (boys and girls) who had Peter Storm cagoules, the absolute object of my desires. For some reason, and even though I had the money, I didn't buy myself one either. I was probably too embarrassed and sensitive about my fetish/interest in them. My first cagoule was a good one, but sadly not a Peter Storm one that I so desired. It was almost knee length, smock style and royal blue. It also had a crotch strap and the fabric was very swishy indeed. It was branded 'Campari'. Anyway, all that was important was the fact that I now owned my very own cagoule! It was quite new and in very good condition. Having my own cagoule was great. I kept it in my bedroom and enjoyed it. It wasn’t used publicly. Although I owned the Campari cagoule, this was a secret and I still wanted a ‘public’ cagoule, a Peter Storm one. My jealousy of others only increased as I wore my nylon anorak and snorkel parka while they wore their cagoules. What rescued it for me was school camp.

A note came home from school telling parents what we had to take. One item was a ‘waterproof cagoule and optional waterproof overtrousers’. I was duly taken to the local sports and outdoor shop. I had visited the shop before, but had only looked at, touched and occasionally tried on the Peter Storm gear. I knew exactly what I wanted, a navy blue Peter Storm smock cagoule. It was the absolute ultimate in my opinion and an object of complete desire. I was allowed to choose, and the cagoule was specified. I also plucked up courage and asked if I could have the matching overtrousers (raintrousers) as well. My request was granted and standing in the shop dressed in full swishy nylon waterproofs was utterly fantastic and almost overwhelming. It felt so amazing to be wearing the garments of my absolute fetish fantasies. I stood in front of the mirror, hood up and overtrousers on! I’m sure I was severely flushed and in a trance like state. Anyway, somehow I survived the excitement in the shop and owned my very own Peter Storm cagoule and overtrousers. Having my own swishy Peter Storm rainsuit was unbelievable. The school camp that followed was truly memorable, the weather being inclement and rainy at times. Cagoules and overtrousers were certainly needed and used! I was jealous no more…!
NoahRainwear

Post by NoahRainwear »

I've never felt jealous towards my peers' raincoats, but I distinctly remember stealing a blue nylon raincoat one day. When I was 13 I used to pass one of the cloakrooms before I left school, and each day I watched as that raincoat lay on the floor, never moving or changing spot. I eventually decided that the coat was no-one's, and therefore no-one would miss it, and so one evening I took matters into my own hands and took a long walk around the school, waiting until most people had cleared, and then snagged the shiny blue raincoat, stuffing it into my bookbag. I kept it for a while, feeling and smelling the coat, and trying it on in my room. Eventually, I felt bad about stealing the raincoat, and threw it away, but throughout the week I found myself wishing I hadn't, and yearning to wear it once more. So, the following week, I fished it out of the bin and went wild, having my fun with it. It was only after the fact that the clarity kicked in and I realised how much it had stunk being in the bin! I was devastated that it had lost it's smell and threw it back in the bin after that. A shame I never kept it...
Andyf08

Post by Andyf08 »

When I was a child at school I was insanely jealous of all the others kids as they had lovely cagoules, over the head and zip up. Nearly all of them had stripes on the arms with white zips and ties round the hood and bottom of the cagoule. Nearly all the kids had them apart from me. I had to have a button up long nylon mac that came down to mid calf and had a huge collar only. No ties, zip or hood. My mum insisted my mac had to be practical rather than trendy like the other cagoules. I had to have a rain hat in my pockets so did not get my head wet and it had to be worn if there was any chance of rain. My mac was put on me in the morning by my mum including being buttoned up. Was not allowed to remove until in school. I had to put it on at break and lunchtime fully done up and had to be on going home. The other kids really made fun of me and felt so humiliated in this awful mac. I had a dark brown for school and navy blue for everything else. I so hated going to a shop to be fitted for these, having to stand there as they put these on me. I had these macs from the age of about 7 right upto 18 when I became a adult. At one point when I started secondary school I was being teased so much I threw my mac away and tried telling my mum it had been stolen at school by someone and really hoped I could get a stylish cagoule. No such luck. When my mum contacted the school about it they said they found it stuffed in a bin as one of the bullies had seen me put it in there and told a teacher. My mum was furious and after that she took me and picked me up from school and later college.
mousepaws

Post by mousepaws »

Yes yes yes! So much of this. SO MUCH of this. I remember many cartoon character raincoats, and US sports team raincoats. I wanted them ALL, even the girly ones. Some of them I remember were shiny Ninja Turtles raincoats. Batman, Care Bears, Anaheim Ducks, Disney, Looney Tunes,.,. just,.,. everything really . All shiny, all un-lined PVC.
Kaggyfan

Post by Kaggyfan »

When I was a in my teens, my older sister was bought quite a heavy anorak half zip style kagoul for riding her horse. It was dark blue, slightly shiny with a thick quilted lining and a big attached hood. It had a rubbery smell to it. I was so envious. Even at that age, I had formed my kaggy fetish, god know from where though! I used to sneak into her bedroom when everybody was out and put it on. It was too big, but wonderful. Back to front, even better. And there started another fetish!!!! Imagine my delight when she had a clear out and it was handed down to me. I was in seventh heaven. I wore it constantly until it fell to peices. I would love to buy another. Even now, all those years later!
debs37

Post by debs37 »

No Not as a child.
However, I remember one night being out and met a lady who joined our group who was wearing a beautiful baby blue 3/4 length pvc raincoat.
As the night wore on and we all got drunk, I nicked it, ordered a taxi and went home to my flat wearing it..

I felt so guilty the next day, but the guilt went away and I wore the coat for years after that.

Debs x
Rives

Post by Rives »

Andyf08 wrote: May 10th, 2023, 7:45 pm When I was a child at school I was insanely jealous of all the others kids as they had lovely cagoules, over the head and zip up. Nearly all of them had stripes on the arms with white zips and ties round the hood and bottom of the cagoule. Nearly all the kids had them apart from me. I had to have a button up long nylon mac that came down to mid calf and had a huge collar only. No ties, zip or hood. My mum insisted my mac had to be practical rather than trendy like the other cagoules. I had to have a rain hat in my pockets so did not get my head wet and it had to be worn if there was any chance of rain. My mac was put on me in the morning by my mum including being buttoned up. Was not allowed to remove until in school. I had to put it on at break and lunchtime fully done up and had to be on going home. The other kids really made fun of me and felt so humiliated in this awful mac. I had a dark brown for school and navy blue for everything else. I so hated going to a shop to be fitted for these, having to stand there as they put these on me. I had these macs from the age of about 7 right upto 18 when I became a adult. At one point when I started secondary school I was being teased so much I threw my mac away and tried telling my mum it had been stolen at school by someone and really hoped I could get a stylish cagoule. No such luck. When my mum contacted the school about it they said they found it stuffed in a bin as one of the bullies had seen me put it in there and told a teacher. My mum was furious and after that she took me and picked me up from school and later college.
Identical to my own experiences, including the foolish "it's lost" action.
Andyf08

Post by Andyf08 »

Rives wrote: May 18th, 2023, 7:24 am
Andyf08 wrote: May 10th, 2023, 7:45 pm When I was a child at school I was insanely jealous of all the others kids as they had lovely cagoules, over the head and zip up. Nearly all of them had stripes on the arms with white zips and ties round the hood and bottom of the cagoule. Nearly all the kids had them apart from me. I had to have a button up long nylon mac that came down to mid calf and had a huge collar only. No ties, zip or hood. My mum insisted my mac had to be practical rather than trendy like the other cagoules. I had to have a rain hat in my pockets so did not get my head wet and it had to be worn if there was any chance of rain. My mac was put on me in the morning by my mum including being buttoned up. Was not allowed to remove until in school. I had to put it on at break and lunchtime fully done up and had to be on going home. The other kids really made fun of me and felt so humiliated in this awful mac. I had a dark brown for school and navy blue for everything else. I so hated going to a shop to be fitted for these, having to stand there as they put these on me. I had these macs from the age of about 7 right upto 18 when I became a adult. At one point when I started secondary school I was being teased so much I threw my mac away and tried telling my mum it had been stolen at school by someone and really hoped I could get a stylish cagoule. No such luck. When my mum contacted the school about it they said they found it stuffed in a bin as one of the bullies had seen me put it in there and told a teacher. My mum was furious and after that she took me and picked me up from school and later college.
Identical to my own experiences, including the foolish "it's lost" action.
Oh yes, that got me in serious trouble.