Were you ever forced to wear rainwear against your will?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Fanta

Re: Were you ever forced to wear rainwear against your will?

Post by Fanta »

snapfront wrote: ↑March 8th, 2023, 10:53 pm I would imagine some here would agree with you while most others would not.
for me it's the difference between being water resistant and waterproof.
πŸ‘
maidjenny

Post by maidjenny »

I think i was about 10 when my mum produced a pac a mac for me to wear to go into town with her. She put me in it and fastened to the neck, i was protesting saying it wasnt raining, but she insisted saying it will later. This was the 1960s, she wore a blue pvc mac from c and a and some shiny boots.
When in town it did rain and she put a spotted rain mate on me . Now i am 73 but still love to wear pac a macs.
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

Sounds wonderful to be forced to wear a mac .I would just make out I don't like one .but live every moment of it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘
MrCagoule

Post by MrCagoule »

Nylon macs wrote: ↑March 9th, 2023, 9:55 am Sounds wonderful to be forced to wear a mac .I would just make out I don't like one .but live every moment of it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘
I think I would too.
"Why are dressing me in this cagoule and overtrousers? I really don't want to wear them. Please don't make me."
"Another cagoule? Seriously?"
Rives

Post by Rives »

I most certainly have. I was made to wear a full length nylon pakamac up to and beyond 18, wearing this to school and outside school, and always buttoned to the neck and "worn properly". The trips to the outfitters were filled with dread, being made to try on a number of different colours, sizes and lengths, and often standing in front of the Saturday Girl being buttoned up by her.

I'd initially refuse and then provide resistance, but I was no much for my mother and the Saturday Girl combined, and would be buttoned up like a child.
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

That is embarrassing to have a shop assistant help button up your mac and try on different ones on especially if you love the mac's could of taken you in the back room and put theme all on together that would of been nice .
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

MrCagoule wrote: ↑March 9th, 2023, 10:25 am
Nylon macs wrote: ↑March 9th, 2023, 9:55 am Sounds wonderful to be forced to wear a mac .I would just make out I don't like one .but live every moment of it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘
I think I would too.
"Why are dressing me in this cagoule and overtrousers? I really don't want to wear them. Please don't make me."
"Another cagoule? Seriously?"
Yes please another cagoule and rain trousers. Nop I definitely don't like this colour can I try them all on with some help
Rives

Post by Rives »

Nylon macs wrote: ↑March 9th, 2023, 1:04 pm That is embarrassing to have a shop assistant help button up your mac and try on different ones on especially if you love the mac's could of taken you in the back room and put theme all on together that would of been nice .
It was most embarrassing, yes. Treated as a child with no right of an opinion on what I should wear
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

Rives wrote: ↑March 9th, 2023, 1:31 pm
Nylon macs wrote: ↑March 9th, 2023, 1:04 pm That is embarrassing to have a shop assistant help button up your mac and try on different ones on especially if you love the mac's could of taken you in the back room and put theme all on together that would of been nice .
It was most embarrassing, yes. Treated as a child with no right of an opinion on what I should wear
But now you love it .
Rives

Post by Rives »

Nylon macs wrote: ↑March 9th, 2023, 8:00 pm
Rives wrote: ↑March 9th, 2023, 1:31 pm
But now you love it .
Yes. Absolutely. Its thrilling