Kink or a fetish?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Rukkafan

Kink or a fetish?

Post by Rukkafan »

Sorry if this been asked here before but here goes:
Is your interest in rainwear more of a kink or a full-on fetish? Or how would you describe your relationship with the topic?

For example, for me I this started as a fetish but sort of watered down to a kink along the way more I explored and I guess grew up. Before I used to gear up layers every chance I had, but now I wear raingear "for the weather" mostly (maybe overdressing a bit).
Cagoulelover

Re: Kink or a fetish?

Post by Cagoulelover »

Great question!
For me probably a full on fetish I reckon and the music I enjoy is probably just a kink?
Are the 2 things different I wonder?
Rukkafan

Post by Rukkafan »

Fetish is similar to a kink, but the difference I think is that a fetish is something you must have present in order to achieve arousal, when kink is just something "unconventional" you enjoy.
Cagoulelover

Post by Cagoulelover »

In which case, they are both a kink as I also enjoy ‘normal’ sex just as much to be honest. Although I am normally thinking of my wife in a cagoule so does that count?
mackintoshed

Post by mackintoshed »

For me its a fetish. It is something that's been with me since early childhood. I did not choose it, I cannot understand it, and it consumes my entire being. A kink is something that one chooses.
Rukkafan

Post by Rukkafan »

mackintoshed wrote: February 15th, 2023, 2:37 pm I did not choose it, I cannot understand it
This part is so true for me to this day, especially the understanding part. For instance, I haven't still disclosed this fetish/kink with my SO, since I'm afraid I cannot fully explain why I have this.
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

Rukkafan wrote: February 15th, 2023, 4:19 pm
mackintoshed wrote: February 15th, 2023, 2:37 pm I did not choose it, I cannot understand it
This part is so true for me to this day, especially the understanding part. For instance, I haven't still disclosed this fetish/kink with my SO, since I'm afraid I cannot fully explain why I have this.
I think most of us don’t understand why we are attracted to rainwear or whatever it is we like. That shouldn’t stop you explaining to your partner what you do know, “I like this, I don’t know why, I just do”.

For me I would say my attraction had diminished a little over time. When I was younger I thought about girls in PVC all the time, and would take any opportunity to dress up.

JM
Shinypvc100

Post by Shinypvc100 »

It has to be a fetish, like others don’t understand why my brain is wired in such a way the absolute attraction to plastic shiny materials, be it mackintosh, patent heels, see through pvc bags , I’ve had the fabulous fetish since my early teens , and expected it’s part of me
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

I think mine is both. It's just the look of shiny and rustling and feel on my body. Hard to say if it's a fetish or kink .I've just grown up with being attracted to shiny plastic/ nylon rainwear and always loved to have it close to my body and face .not forgetting the the need to be wrapped and tied up when wearing it.
black_shiny

Post by black_shiny »

mackintoshed wrote: February 15th, 2023, 2:37 pm For me its a fetish. It is something that's been with me since early childhood. I did not choose it, I cannot understand it, and it consumes my entire being. A kink is something that one chooses.
This right here. My thoughts exactly