3 episodes of 'Jemima Shore Investigates' - British TV series from 1983. Patricia Hodge in a long shiny grey PU/PVC mac.

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
rothbhoy

3 episodes of 'Jemima Shore Investigates' - British TV series from 1983. Patricia Hodge in a long shiny grey PU/PVC mac.

Post by rothbhoy »

3 episodes of 'Jemima Shore Investigates' - British TV series from 1983. Patricia Hodge wears a long shiny grey PU/PVC mac. A big shout out to rainwear-experience for the recent heads up on this one. Thank you so much! :) 12 episodes of the series were made and I have managed to find 5 of them on You Tube - surprisingly 3 of them contain mac scenes, which is nice! It could well be that there are further mac scenes in the remaining 7 episodes....

Although I have said the mac Patricia wears is PU or PVC it does look a little rubberised to me and could even be a rubber mac or one made of gumpla. If anyone is familiar with this type of mac it would be nice if you could enlighten me (and other Forum members) as to what it is made of. Cheers! :)

(1) 'Jemima Shore Investigates' (S01-E06 'A Greek Bearing Gifts'). Timings: 09'-14" to 11'-04", 18'-06" to 20'-36", 23'-43" to 31'-10", 32'-50" to 36'-16", 47'-18" to the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k89UlJw ... nj&index=4
(2) 'Jemima Shore Investigates' (S01-E05 'Doctor Ziegler's Casebook'). Timing: 30'-17" to 31'-36".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93oCYuUu23w
(3) 'Jemima Shore Investigates' (S01-E04 'A Chamber Of Horrors'). Timing: 16'-35" to 17'-58".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuxgmx5 ... nj&index=6
bethbennett202

Re: 3 episodes of 'Jemima Shore Investigates' - British TV series from 1983. Patricia Hodge in a long shiny grey PU/PVC

Post by bethbennett202 »

Well done on this RB nice mac I would wear myself if I had one
rainwear-experience

Re: 3 episodes of 'Jemima Shore Investigates' - British TV series from 1983. Patricia Hodge in a long shiny grey PU/PVC

Post by rainwear-experience »

You might want to check out the 80’s series Mackenzie as I’m fairly certain Sheila Ruskin wore a shiny gold cape thing and I’m certain someone else (maybe Tracy Ullman) wore a plastic mac
For some reason I associate The Who’s song Substitute with this series
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

rainwear-experience wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 1:57 pm You might want to check out the 80’s series Mackenzie as I’m fairly certain Sheila Ruskin wore a shiny gold cape thing and I’m certain someone else (maybe Tracy Ullman) wore a plastic mac
Showing your age now!!!
rainwear-experience

spitfire617 wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 1:59 pm
rainwear-experience wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 1:57 pm You might want to check out the 80’s series Mackenzie as I’m fairly certain Sheila Ruskin wore a shiny gold cape thing and I’m certain someone else (maybe Tracy Ullman) wore a plastic mac
Showing your age now!!!
lol, i was a very young pervert :D
rubgum

Post by rubgum »

rainwear-experience wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 2:01 pm
spitfire617 wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 1:59 pm
Showing your age now!!!
lol, i was a very young pervert :D
And now, medium-aged pervert ? :lol:
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

Cheers for that R-E - much appreciated! :) I remember looking for links to the series some 5 or 6 months ago and finding absolutely zilch on the Internet (You Tube and Daily Motion) so I'm not too optimistic. Will give it a go though.....
rainwear-experience

rothbhoy wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 4:53 pm
Cheers for that R-E - much appreciated! :) I remember looking for links to the series some 5 or 6 months ago and finding absolutely zilch on the Internet (You Tube and Daily Motion) so I'm not too optimistic. Will give it a go though.....
While you're at it have a look for 'Two Up, Two Down' with Paul Nicholas (not 'Three Up, Two Down' which was a totally different series) in one of the episodes they go camping and one of the girls wears a blue cagoule

I also thought there's an episode of Alan Bennett's original 'Talking Heads' series which featured Maureen Lipman

Good luck
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

dominamac wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 5:29 pm And speaking of Patricia Hodge in another RWC post 😉 How fabulous. This really is a boi of rainwear elegance
Just need to find the remaining 7 episodes now to see what other gems are out there! :)