What size Farmerrain raincoat?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
ShinyPvcMac

What size Farmerrain raincoat?

Post by ShinyPvcMac »

What size Farmerrain raincoat should I go for? I usually have XL size raincoats and other coats such as winter coats as I sometimes wear a fleece underneath it. Would an XL size Farmerrain raincoat fit. Thank you.
mason

Re: What size Farmerrain raincoat?

Post by mason »

Farmerrain raincoats run pretty much true to size.

I'm normally an XL to XXL and my XL FarmerRain mac fits me like a glove, even over my jumper & bib pants

So yeah, I think you'd be fine with XL
ShinyPvcMac

Post by ShinyPvcMac »

Thanks for your reply @mason
Rubbersocks1999

Post by Rubbersocks1999 »

I have bought 2 raincoats from Farmerrain. I am 5' 11" and with my jacket a 46" chest. Both macs are XXL.
There are differences in material. The Retro Coat Ltd Edition in Blank Gron Shiny Green is flexible.
The other is a Reto Coat in Svart Blank. Shiny black is much stiffer when cold.
Overall they are great macs. The only problem is the overlap is small. It will allow the rain in on windy days.
I bought mine before the UK left the EU. If you are from the UK and order a mac. It would be interesting to know what extra custom charges there are?.
Tiefdruckgebiet

Post by Tiefdruckgebiet »

I wear XL, I'm almost 44" chest (with average cotton sweater on) and XL is enough for an additional layer on colder days. Main prob for me is the sleeve length as I'm tall, it's just enough in XL.

The newer coats feature a double-buttoning storm flap. If if doubt ask them if your size and color will have the new version.
timeless fashion is the best fashion - classic "rubberized" raincoats are timeless
ShinyPvcMac

Post by ShinyPvcMac »

Rubbersocks1999 wrote: โ†‘January 15th, 2023, 12:16 pm I have bought 2 raincoats from Farmerrain. I am 5' 11" and with my jacket a 46" chest. Both macs are XXL.
There are differences in material. The Retro Coat Ltd Edition in Blank Gron Shiny Green is flexible.
Overall they are great macs. The only problem is the overlap is small. It will allow the rain in on windy days.
I bought mine before the UK left the EU. If you are from the UK and order a mac. It would be interesting to know what extra custom charges there are?.
I haven't been charged customs charges as yet to the UK but delivery is 27 Euros for DHL express.
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

Rubbersocks1999 wrote: โ†‘January 15th, 2023, 12:16 pm I have bought 2 raincoats from Farmerrain. I am 5' 11" and with my jacket a 46" chest. Both macs are XXL.
Can't you put both on.one back to front and the other the Wright way around that should stop the rain getting in and keeping you nice and dry ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
GlendaS

Post by GlendaS »

Nylon macs wrote: โ†‘May 24th, 2023, 5:01 am
Can't you put both on.one back to front and the other the Wright way around that should stop the rain getting in and keeping you nice and dry ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
I have 4 Farmer Rain retro rain macs in yellow, black, red, and blue and mine are XXL as i like them loose so i can wear all 4 together, two of which are reversed. However as the material is very workable on the storm flaps i have added further eyelets so small padlocks can be applied so impossible to take off without the padlock keys
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

GlendaS wrote: โ†‘May 24th, 2023, 2:55 pm
I have 4 Farmer Rain retro rain macs in yellow, black, red, and blue and mine are XXL as i like them loose so i can wear all 4 together, two of which are reversed. However as the material is very workable on the storm flaps i have added further eyelets so small padlocks can be applied so impossible to take off without the padlock keys
Wow this sounds very interesting. Have you had the pleasure of locking yourself in all 4 macs yet. I bet you get lovely and warm in all theme. I can imagine the sweat would be poring of you.
Sounds lovely .
GlendaS

Post by GlendaS »

Nylon macs wrote: โ†‘May 24th, 2023, 7:22 pm
GlendaS wrote: โ†‘May 24th, 2023, 2:55 pm
Wow this sounds very interesting. Have you had the pleasure of locking yourself in all 4 macs yet. I bet you get lovely and warm in all theme. I can imagine the sweat would be poring of you.
Sounds lovely .
Oh yes its lovely and very warm especially when my partner hides the keys