Too good to be true? (N/e)

Stories and fantasies about rainwear.
Kaggyfan

Too good to be true? (N/e)

Post by Kaggyfan »

Just outside Sandwich in Kent, is a little coastal village with a quaint tea shop over looking the sea. Nothing special. The tea and plate of cakes were delicious. However, the rail of pvc/nylon looking macs and kagouls for sale, were truly amazing. Exceptional quality. Very shiny and smooth, both inside and out. There were about twenty or thirty, I would say. Mostly black, dark blue and red. Prices from £19.99. I bought two blue hooded ones. One for me and the wife. No labels. No sizes. I cant even find the place on a map. Very odd.
Last edited by Kaggyfan on March 18th, 2023, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Highshine5

Re: To good to be true? (N/e)

Post by Highshine5 »

I think you are telling fibs, but a nice short fantasy tale anyway!
niton

Post by niton »

I agree but part of me so wanted it to be true.
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Used to be a shop in Newquay that had a big rail of cheap nylon cagoules with stripes on the arms, always had one hanging up outside the shop, used to love looking through the rail
Lets get swishy!
Kinkykiwi

Post by Kinkykiwi »

On NZs south island, dotted around the edges are similar places. Not hamlets or villages just little shops on their own. Just there! I stopped at one tens of years ago to get directions. It was jammed full of old fishing kit. The old wayfarer who owned it was as mad as a box of frogs but well funny. I remember all the old fishermans smocks and waders hanging up on the wall. I was young and not so into it then. Im sure its long gone now. I wonder if, around the world, places like that still exist?
Klepperman

Post by Klepperman »

I vaguely remember finding a similar little 'hut', it couldnt be called a shop, while rambling along the coastline of Northumberland back in the eighties. I remember seeing lots of shiny black oilskins, ad heavy yellow anoraks. It was about a mile down the road from a little secluded fishing village stroke harbour. I could never find it on a map years later!
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Rwo shops i can remember, one in ambleside that had the entire colour range of Peter Storm cagoules hanging outside it in rainbow colour effect which sadly closed, think it was called waterproof world???

The other was a small chandlers i think in Devon somewhere where we went in as kids for crabbing lines which had lots of yellow pvc fishermans smocks and bib trousers hanging up, they caught my attention as a kid for some reason and I kept popping in over the weeks holiday to look at them and buy bait. It was one of those chandlers that had tonnes of amazing things that wee hanging up everywhere, brass this n that, rope, lines etc etc.
Probably gone also now.
Lets get swishy!