Rainwear Dislikes

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Cagoulelover

Re: Rainwear Dislikes

Post by Cagoulelover »

discoruss wrote: January 12th, 2023, 5:14 am
Also cagoules and raincoats with the hood concealed in the neck hem. So so wrong.
A hood should always be out and dropped down so you can pull straight up over your head. Or in some cases over your face. Lol.
Yes - agree with this is general, love to see a hood either hanging down or even if it’s ‘tied’ a little it’s still better out - if it gets windy then it’s great to see it blow up against the back of the head!!

However, I’m not totally against the hood rolled into the neck but only so that, in a sudden storm, the wearer will have to frantically unfurl it and pull it up against the wind and rain - although ultimately, roll out hoods are not all incompassing as a traditional cagoule hood! Mmmmm got me thinking about hoods now……
discoruss

Post by discoruss »

annabell-cagoule wrote: January 12th, 2023, 6:34 pm Should be banned! Lol 😂 totally agree, hoods out always
👍
MrCagoule

Post by MrCagoule »

Cagoulelover wrote: December 29th, 2022, 3:26 pm Slightly different theme but my dislike is when women don’t put their hoods up properly - an example would be on Amazon for example where a model will be in a quick video for a particular piece of rainwear and when they put the hood up it only half covers the head. I want to see the hood up, fully over the head and, preferably tied up tight
Ditto.
MrCagoule

Post by MrCagoule »

discoruss wrote: January 12th, 2023, 5:14 am The things I dislike about rainwear.

People who smoke in them. Really hate this and the habit.

Also cagoules and raincoats with the hood concealed in the neck hem. So so wrong.
A hood should always be out and dropped down so you can pull straight up over your head. Or in some cases over your face. Lol.
Agreed
Shinyhood

Post by Shinyhood »

When raining. Lovely shiny hooded macs being worn, hood down, but umbrella up! Such a waste!
plasticpacamac

Post by plasticpacamac »

Pvcdream wrote: December 28th, 2022, 9:19 am Raincoats with no hood. Absolutely no point to them, don’t get the reason why they make them
When I was first put into plastic pacamacs in the early 1950s age 10 by my mother, as was the practice in those days, I was bought a shiny black PVC hood and made to tie it under my chin to go out in if heavy rain threatened. I've loved wearing this combination and continued to do so in later years even though it is rarely if ever seen these days.
Rives

Post by Rives »

plasticpacamac wrote: December 12th, 2023, 7:48 pm
Pvcdream wrote: December 28th, 2022, 9:19 am Raincoats with no hood. Absolutely no point to them, don’t get the reason why they make them
When I was first put into plastic pacamacs in the early 1950s age 10 by my mother, as was the practice in those days, I was bought a shiny black PVC hood and made to tie it under my chin to go out in if heavy rain threatened. I've loved wearing this combination and continued to do so in later years even though it is rarely if ever seen these days.
Yes I had a clear plastic rain bonnet as a teenager also, until I was bought a souwester after the rain bonnet was "lost"
Mackymick

Post by Mackymick »

Zip on hoods! Terrible. Tucked behind a collar looks awful. It breaks the continuity and flow of the raincoat. Worse, worn without. Worse still, worn half on where the zip has come unstitched or its just unzipped itself. It looks terrible. Should be banned!
HeatherlovesPVC

Post by HeatherlovesPVC »

I may be on my own but I do not like the big Puffer jackets or coats as I think they are shapeless unflattering and frankly quite ugly , I particularly dislike the short Blouson jackets.
Cherie

Post by Cherie »

HeatherlovesPVC wrote: December 16th, 2023, 4:50 pm I may be on my own but I do not like the big Puffer jackets or coats as I think they are shapeless unflattering and frankly quite ugly , I particularly dislike the short Blouson jackets.
You are not on your own, I’m not keen on puffers as I agree they are shapeless. There are some super short very shiny PVC jackets worn with skinny jeans which I’d make a small exception for. Because I love the glossy nature of PVC I don’t like anything that interrupts the material like the quilting that you usually get on puffers.

I do dislike it when people describe raincoats incorrectly. I especially loathe people describing material as rubber or PVC when it is clearly neither.

Cherie x