Unusual hobbies

Non rainwear related post about all things other than rainwear.
Rainworshipper

Unusual hobbies

Post by Rainworshipper »

Does anyone on here have any unusual or "uncool" hobbies? For my own part I am trying to learn to play a piano accordion. Does any body else have any kind of musical ability?
cammacg

Re: Unusual hobbies

Post by cammacg »

Hi rainworshipper, I play guitar and sing, and I also play drums. I have been playing both since about the age of eleven, and I am now seventy three. I am still learning to play the guitar, there is always something to learn. You never reach a time when you can say, "I know all about that" Keep playing but have fun while you are learning.
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

I don’t see any of those things as particularly unusual, especially not if you think of the obvious one of collecting rainwear! I suppose it is possible to combine hobbies….

Sea Shanty group all dressed in oilskins.
Train-spotting wearing PVC.
Training for marathon Running in a plastic sauna suit.

JM
Highshine5

Post by Highshine5 »

How about Lego building, in a shiny hooded vinyl raincoat with pvc mittens locked on?
raincoatboy

Post by raincoatboy »

I wouldn't consider my hobbies to be uncool but rather expensive. Harley Davidson accessories, Jeep Wrangler accessories, ho scale model trains, diecast truck collecting, expensive drones, tons of very expensive photography equipment, weapons collecting including over 4 dozen guns, and of course we can't forget my pvc plastic fetish. PUL can vouch for the last one. They are always taking my money.