Shiny puffa jackets and suits.

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
pvcbliss

Shiny puffa jackets and suits.

Post by pvcbliss »

A cheap alternative to pvc or rubberwear, for me anyway, is the now readily available very shiny nylon/polyester/pvc puffa coats, jackets and now one piece 'onesie' type suits, easily found on ebay or aliexpress sites. I have several hooded varieties, they are well made, very soft, very smooth, very shiny and not expensive. Various colours, sizes and in some cases made to measure. The suits come with heavy duty zips which with the use of a nice leather collar and lock will keep you warm and incarcerated for hours. If you wear two, the top one not using the arm sleeves, locked on turns them into a wonderful sleepsack. Bit warm this time of year, roll on sept/ oct!!! I have several hooded puffa jackets and coats in very shiny black and are perfectly acceptable daywear, unisex, and are worn by many. If you google Amazonafashion, a very very shiny line of designs is also available, from Romania, I seem to remember. If you ask them nicely they will also do bespoke 'made to measure', but at a cost though.
furryhood

Re: Shiny puffa jackets and suits.

Post by furryhood »

I must agree that a shiny puffer jacket, coat or the one piece suits nowadays are a good substitute for the missing high street shiny fashion. Pvc and vinyl are not in vogue presently, but I do believe the puffer is here to stay.
Shinydreams

Post by Shinydreams »

There are many pvc/vinyl coats arriving in the high street this fall season, looks like I am going to be skint this winter..
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Kaggyfan

Post by Kaggyfan »

Excellent puffa pics.
Ive been looking out for an over the head style shiny hooded puffer type kagoul. If anybody could point me in the right direction, or knows where to buy????
Last edited by Kaggyfan on October 2nd, 2022, 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

RAB kinder might work for you
Lets get swishy!
Peterkinann

Post by Peterkinann »

If you are looking for a shiny puffer jacket look up bin bag jacket or garbage bag jacket a friend of my was looking for a really shiny one and when she got it it’s really like thick pvc I said where did you
Get it and she said she could not remember the shop but she looked up bin bag jacket on Google and it came up
Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast

Post by Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast »

I like puffer/bubble-style jackets and coats, preferably hooded, but they have to be made from the shiniest of materials, preferably shiny vinyl (shiny PVC). It appears that fashion retail outlets don't know what vinyl is. Vinyl is just an alternative name for PVC (polyvinylchloride). Vinyl IS PVC. Glossy/shiny coats and jackets made from other materials, such as PU, nylon, spandex, polyester, etc, are being described by clothing stores as 'vinyl', which is misleading. It is disappointing when you buy a shiny puffer-style jacket or coat, hoping that it will be made from authenic vinyl (PVC), only to discover that the shiny material is a totally different (and arguably inferior) fabric or polymer.

I like the tactile and sensual shiny PVC/vinyl and shiny patent PVC: the rubbery, smooth, super-shiny and 'noisy' materials. Anyone know where I can buy a shiny vinyl puffer-style jacket/coat, preferably hooded, like the one featured in this youtube ASMR video, titled: "Vinyl Jacket ASMR (pvc latex plastic) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__CGjKETAjs&t=18s

"
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

This looks lovely shiny jacket but I like theme much longer .but I could be happy playing with this one .
pvcbliss

Post by pvcbliss »

Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast wrote: November 12th, 2022, 12:12 am I like puffer/bubble-style jackets and coats, preferably hooded, but they have to be made from the shiniest of materials, preferably shiny vinyl (shiny PVC). It appears that fashion retail outlets don't know what vinyl is. Vinyl is just an alternative name for PVC (polyvinylchloride). Vinyl IS PVC. Glossy/shiny coats and jackets made from other materials, such as PU, nylon, spandex, polyester, etc, are being described by clothing stores as 'vinyl', which is misleading. It is disappointing when you buy a shiny puffer-style jacket or coat, hoping that it will be made from authenic vinyl (PVC), only to discover that the shiny material is a totally different (and arguably inferior) fabric or polymer.

I like the tactile and sensual shiny PVC/vinyl and shiny patent PVC: the rubbery, smooth, super-shiny and 'noisy' materials. Anyone know where I can buy a shiny vinyl puffer-style jacket/coat, preferably hooded, like the one featured in this youtube ASMR video, titled: "Vinyl Jacket ASMR (pvc latex plastic) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__CGjKETAjs&t=18s

"
Just google high shine hooded puffer jackets. Plenty come up. Asos and Boohoo were always a great source for bothe short and long coats. Even now.
Ive bought loads. My wardrobe is stuffed full of shiny very wetlook puffas!!!!!