'The Baron' (S01-E02) - 'Epitaph For A Hero' (1966). Helga Sorenson in a shiny red PVC mac.

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
rothbhoy

'The Baron' (S01-E02) - 'Epitaph For A Hero' (1966). Helga Sorenson in a shiny red PVC mac.

Post by rothbhoy »

'The Baron' (S01-E02) - 'Epitaph For A Hero' (1966). Helga Sorenson in a shiny red PVC mac. Enjoy! :)
I did a search of the Forum to check for previous posts of 'The Baron' and found that two links have been posted - one for 'Something For A Rainy Day' and one for 'You Can't Win Them All'. It would appear that 'Epitaph For A Hero' has not been posted previously. That said, there is a short clip (quality not great) of just over a minute on Macrain's You Tube site. The link (below) is for the full episode with two nice mac scenes from 29'-27" to 31'-29" and 33'-05" to 35'-10".
URL: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7yno7f
rothbhoy

Re: 'The Baron' (S01-E02) - 'Epitaph For A Hero' (1966). Helga Sorenson in a shiny red PVC mac.

Post by rothbhoy »

Image from IMDB of Helga wearing the red PVC mac.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0519165/me ... f_=tt_ov_i
niton

Re: 'The Baron' (S01-E02) - 'Epitaph For A Hero' (1966). Helga Sorenson in a shiny red PVC mac.

Post by niton »

Thank you for this. Superb colour and shine. The Baron provided some great examples. I have this strange need to look at what these actors look like in the present day. I couldn't find Helga Sorenson and then realised that was the character's name. It is Patricia Haines who I had never heard of. She was married to Michael Caine but sadly died at the young age of 45 from lung cancer.

I am going to post You Can't Win Them All from The Baron again. This made a strong impression on me at the time. It must have been repeated when I saw it in the very early seventies. I had remembered the sequence for decades and was thrilled when I found it decades later. It features Sue Lloyd who was the Baron's sidekick.
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

niton wrote: August 17th, 2022, 8:22 am Thank you for this. Superb colour and shine. The Baron provided some great examples. I have this strange need to look at what these actors look like in the present day. I couldn't find Helga Sorenson and then realised that was the character's name. It is Patricia Haines who I had never heard of. She was married to Michael Caine but sadly died at the young age of 45 from lung cancer.

I am going to post You Can't Win Them All from The Baron again. This made a strong impression on me at the time. It must have been repeated when I saw it in the very early seventies. I had remembered the sequence for decades and was thrilled when I found it decades later. It features Sue Lloyd who was the Baron's sidekick.
You are very welcome - glad you enjoyed it! :)
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

niton wrote: August 17th, 2022, 8:22 am Thank you for this. Superb colour and shine. The Baron provided some great examples. I have this strange need to look at what these actors look like in the present day. I couldn't find Helga Sorenson and then realised that was the character's name. It is Patricia Haines who I had never heard of. She was married to Michael Caine but sadly died at the young age of 45 from lung cancer.

Cheers Niton! Sorry, yes, I should have put up the real name of the actress (Patricia Haines) - I just put up the character's name on this occasion. So so sad to hear about Patricia dying at such a young age. I didn't know she was married to Michael Caine.