Is there any water proof Bed sheets set

Non rainwear related post about all things other than rainwear.
Keeffe

Is there any water proof Bed sheets set

Post by Keeffe »

Hi,

I am from Australia and a camper and used to travel on different sites. I have a UV Protection, Moisture Proof, Waterproof Tent to make sure it saves me and my belongings from rain. I also have Polyurethane (PU) fabric Water repellent Hooded neck with drawcord rain coat which I found a great companion in heavy rains.
My tent Expanded size is 215*215*142cm and it can accommodate 4 persons easily. I use Microfibers Queen size bed sheets which mostly repel water but not perfect as it seems.
I have taken a ride to Coffs Harbour, New South Wales which is one the best sites to visit and also they have one of the heaviest rainfall. The water started entering from gaps of tent on grounds and I and sheets on air mattress.
I was unable to find any water proof bedding here or any else online bed sheets so anyone can recommend is there any water proof sheets or any alternatives that I could use.
JellyMan

Re: Is there any water proof Bed sheets set

Post by JellyMan »

Keeffe, I think your need is purely practical, whereas most people on this forum are interested in the material for the feel and not it’s practical use. Also being in Australia I don’t think many members would have practical sources that would be available to you. For example, if I needed waterproof bedding I would certainly buy from www.pvc-u-like.com but those sheets are 100% plastic and not easy to sleep in - but for me that is not the point!

JM
Keeffe

Re: Is there any water proof Bed sheets set

Post by Keeffe »

Hi,

Thanks alot for the information but I was after more like comfortable ones and I am able to find bed sheets Online in Australia from https://www.elanlinen.com.au/bed-sheets as I was after Micro fiber sheets but with water repellent properties.