'Eastenders' (from 1985/86/87). Anita Dobson (Angie) wearing her superb long shiny black PVC mac in 5 more episodes.

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
rothbhoy

Re: 'Eastenders' (from 1985/86/87). Anita Dobson (Angie) wearing her superb long shiny black PVC mac in 5 more episodes.

Post by rothbhoy »

dominamac wrote: August 16th, 2022, 4:15 pm
rothbhoy wrote: August 16th, 2022, 4:05 pm
dominamac wrote: August 16th, 2022, 2:18 pm
I remember those days well enough. I lived in London and there was always a lovely mac sighting on my way to and from work 😊
I was at the University of East Anglia (Norwich) then but often used to travel to London on Saturdays to take in the mac sights down there. I lived in London for 7 months in 1989 - still plenty of macs around then too. Whatever went wrong????? :(
Beats me. Mid 80's to early 90's was a fabulous period for ladies shiny rainwear. Occasionally it seemed that it might make a return but never seems to have reached the heights of this period or even come close. Wonderful materials and stylish garments nonetheless.
"Wonderful materials and stylish garments" - Mm!!!!! I'm afraid all I see these days is a sea of total boredom - one big High Street yawn!
rothbhoy

Re: 'Eastenders' (from 1985/86/87). Anita Dobson (Angie) wearing her superb long shiny black PVC mac in 5 more episodes.

Post by rothbhoy »

dominamac wrote: August 17th, 2022, 4:45 am
rothbhoy wrote: August 16th, 2022, 6:59 pm
dominamac wrote: August 16th, 2022, 4:15 pm

Beats me. Mid 80's to early 90's was a fabulous period for ladies shiny rainwear. Occasionally it seemed that it might make a return but never seems to have reached the heights of this period or even come close. Wonderful materials and stylish garments nonetheless.
"Wonderful materials and stylish garments" - Mm!!!!! I'm afraid all I see these days is a sea of total boredom - one big High Street yawn!
Absolutely although I'm ever hopeful that that might change for the better 😊
Let's hope so! :)
milrubber

Post by milrubber »

Maybe it's a sign global warming is real? It's just become to hot for pvc?
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

milrubber wrote: August 17th, 2022, 10:22 am Maybe it's a sign global warming is real? It's just become to hot for pvc?
Quite possibly! I don't know about it being "too hot" (I'm in the UK) - we probably get about half a dozen days a year of what I would call extreme heat (35 degrees C plus) - and that's about it!
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

rothbhoy wrote: August 15th, 2022, 10:02 am
Would absolutely LOVE to go back to the 80s - lots of ladies with BIG hair and lots of ladies in BIG shiny macs! :D
I remember those days well enough. I lived in London and there was always a lovely mac sighting on my way to and from work 😊
I was at the University of East Anglia (Norwich) then but often used to travel to London on Saturdays to take in the mac sights down there. I lived in London for 7 months in 1989 - still plenty of macs around then too. Whatever went wrong????? :(
I suppose that if anything went wrong it is changing fashion. Having said that it seems to me that women these days do not want to stand out in a feminine way; it was a remark by one of my neighbours "years ago I always wore stiletto heels", that set me thinking that you rarely see those being worn now, big hair has become uncommon, and tattoos are by contrast with years ago are very common on women now.
barbedwirelove60

Post by barbedwirelove60 »

must confess, I had forgotten just how good Anita Dobson (Angie) looked in her long shiny black PVC.... very sexy indeed!!...
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

Rainworshipper wrote: August 18th, 2022, 4:55 am
I suppose that if anything went wrong it is changing fashion. Having said that it seems to me that women these days do not want to stand out in a feminine way; it was a remark by one of my neighbours "years ago I always wore stiletto heels", that set me thinking that you rarely see those being worn now, big hair has become uncommon, and tattoos are by contrast with years ago are very common on women now.
Well, it most definitely is changing fashion - and not a good one to someone who lived through the wonderful 70s, 80s and 90s when the sights of lovely ladies on our streets in their PVC/Rubber/Plastic/PU macs really was something to behold. Oh well, we move on, the memories linger on though.... :)
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

barbedwirelove60 wrote: August 18th, 2022, 2:56 pm must confess, I had forgotten just how good Anita Dobson (Angie) looked in her long shiny black PVC.... very sexy indeed!!...
She's most definitely one of my favourites - of ALL time! :)
barbedwirelove60

Post by barbedwirelove60 »

yes Angie on eastenders and Bet on coronation street... back then, we were spoilt for two sexy, brassy, pvc mac wearing bar managers back then....
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

barbedwirelove60 wrote: August 18th, 2022, 5:47 pm yes Angie on eastenders and Bet on coronation street... back then, we were spoilt for two sexy, brassy, pvc mac wearing bar managers back then....
Loved BOTH of them - PLUS Audrey and Rita in Corrie! :)