'Eastenders' (from 1985 and 1986). Anita Dobson (Angie) wearing her superb long shiny black PVC mac in 7 episodes.

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
rainmacmad

Re: 'Eastenders' (from 1985 and 1986). Anita Dobson (Angie) wearing her superb long shiny black PVC mac in 7 episodes.

Post by rainmacmad »

The best set of clips i have seen for a long time,thanx for posting.
rothbhoy

Re: 'Eastenders' (from 1985 and 1986). Anita Dobson (Angie) wearing her superb long shiny black PVC mac in 7 episodes.

Post by rothbhoy »

rainmacmad wrote: August 4th, 2022, 3:43 am The best set of clips i have seen for a long time,thanx for posting.
Cheers! Glad you enjoyed them. :)
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

bethbennett202 wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 9:47 am These type of macs were still going in the nineties and bet some people still have a mac like this
Yeah, they were very popular - remember seeing women wearing them well into the 90s. Great days! :)
bossali

Post by bossali »

Loved Angie in that mac, several ladies I knew at the time had black PU macs like hat or similar, even better when I got to take their photo, lovely to look back at
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

bethbennett202 wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 9:51 am That's alot of pvc mac scenes thankyou
I've managed to find a few more episodes where she wears the mac - will be posting them later this week hopefully.
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

bossali wrote: August 4th, 2022, 12:48 pm Loved Angie in that mac, several ladies I knew at the time had black PU macs like hat or similar, even better when I got to take their photo, lovely to look back at
You're not the only one Ali - Angie has always been one of my favourite mac wearers. :) I also love Françoise Fabian in 'Faubourg Saint Martin' - she too wears a wonderful long shiny black PVC mac - similar to the one Angie wears in Eastenders.
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

niton wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 12:48 pm And she wears it extremely well. Very enjoyable. Thanks. Good to see the continuity of the same character wearing the same item over a decent period of time - as you would in real life.
She does indeed wear it well. If you like Angie's mac check out the mac (long shiny black PVC one) that Françoise Fabian wears in the film 'Faubourg Saint Martin' - it's very similar and she looks absolutely gorgeous in it. URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KppqXy95z8Q
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

bethbennett202 wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 9:47 am These type of macs were still going in the nineties and bet some people still have a mac like this
My ex-partner (Helen) had one - we bought it in Nuremburg whilst on holiday in Germany in the late 90s. We split up in 2003 so I've no idea if she's still got it or not.... It would be nice to think so! :)
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

milrubber wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 4:40 pm She looks like a natural mac wearer! The big hair and intense makeup go very well with that bold looking coat.
Very 80s, very Angie, very sexy, very nice! :)
Shinyladylvr

Post by Shinyladylvr »

I remember the late eighties very well. There seemed to be quite a few mid calf length macs around. My girlfriend, who became my wife, bought her first one from a John Lewis’s and it was a sexy shiny black trench in what I suspect was a PU material. Fairly thin and lightweight but very shiny indeed. It often seemed shinier at night. She wore it frequently, rain or shine and I think it lasted for about 12 years by which time the vivid shine had gone. Purchased many macs since then but generally of a shorter length. Would love to see that longer style return, offset with some stockings and high heels.