Stutterheim

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
spitfire617

Re: Stutterheim

Post by spitfire617 »

If you look at some of the photos on This part they are virtually the Same as some of the AJ long Opalo coat?
milrubber

Post by milrubber »

Ihave two jackets and two coats from them, I think they are a bit simpler made. no buttons on the pocket flaps for example,
Alos I think with the stutterheim versions there is an extra lyer of qulity control. I ve had pckets delaminate with the standard AJ jackets. and I ordered a long raincoat in camo from them that looks nice and very shiny on their site. In reallyty it is a matte material with an embossed structure. Which I guess makes sense für camo, but wich is not as fun as I had hoped.
Tiefdruckgebiet

Post by Tiefdruckgebiet »

milrubber wrote: August 1st, 2022, 8:10 am I just returned my "Nolby" in L because the sleeves were to slim so you could not really wear a sweater or a fleece jacket under it.
Ordered it now in XXL and hope it will be a more relaxed fit.
I hope the XXL will fit you - I just measured mine (XXL) at the sleeve ends, it is 14 cm one side which is more narrow than a Stockholm in XXL which has 15,5 cm (mine in light sand, a couple of years old so no guarantee current jackets are the same measurement).
milrubber wrote: August 1st, 2022, 8:10 am I have an older Stockholm opalo, which I find to be a bit too stiff to be really comfortable to wear.
This must be one of the first opal generation (with silver poppers for all colors), this was very stiff material. The current opals are more comfortable esp. the midweight material like from the Nolby.
timeless fashion is the best fashion - classic "rubberized" raincoats are timeless
Tiefdruckgebiet

milrubber wrote: August 1st, 2022, 9:04 am no buttons on the pocket flaps for example,
There is a Stockholm with poppers on the pocket flaps different from the other Stockholms - it was the second opal generation available in black, I own one of those. The pics of the current opal Stockholms look like pockets are identical to all other non-opal versions, without flap and without popper button.
timeless fashion is the best fashion - classic "rubberized" raincoats are timeless
milrubber

Post by milrubber »

Tiefdruckgebiet wrote: August 1st, 2022, 9:13 am
Hi, thanks for the info, so the sleeve circumfernce is 28 cm at the end? That's still tight.
rubgum

Post by rubgum »

After reading this, I had a closer look at the label:

Membrane:52% Cotton 48% Polyester
Coating: 100% PVC Rubberized Coating
Made in Poland DESIGNED IN SWEDEN

Hope this is helpful for the "experts". :)
Foxrubber

Post by Foxrubber »

milrubber wrote: August 1st, 2022, 8:48 am Hi Spitfire,

i think that is highly probable. The designs you can get from AJ directly are less nice though and the ordering process is a bit bothersome.
I fully agree. Have both rainwear from Stutterheim and AJ Group. Think it is the same sewing company when you compare Opalo materials. But Stutterheim is much more fashion in its design :)
Have about 12 of them in different shapes and materials and still love any of them lol
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

rubgum wrote: August 1st, 2022, 9:23 am After reading this, I had a closer look at the label:

Membrane:52% Cotton 48% Polyester
Coating: 100% PVC Rubberized Coating
Made in Poland DESIGNED IN SWEDEN

Hope this is helpful for the "experts". :)
That is the same label type that is in Farmerrain coats, Jackets, trousers etc.
Tiefdruckgebiet

milrubber wrote: August 1st, 2022, 9:20 am Hi, thanks for the info, so the sleeve circumfernce is 28 cm at the end? That's still tight.

Yes, it isn't very wide so rather not suitable for people having Popeye-lookalike arms :lol: :lol: more for slim and tall guys (and ladies).

At the middle of the sleeve it is 20 cm single side (Nolby XXL) - if that helps.
milrubber

Post by milrubber »

40 cm around the arm is very small, ... unless you wear it naked.