Lost Property -Found!

Stories and fantasies about rainwear.
JellyMan

Lost Property -Found!

Post by JellyMan »

Romantic, lots of rainwear, not explicit.

Sophie sat on the floor of the warehouse. She giggled as she pulled on the navy blue nylon over trousers to match the over-the-head cagoule. Her own shiny black PVC raincoat, the one with the red piping, hung on the end of the rainwear rail.
I flipped through the stack of lost CD’s and picked out a 70’s disco compilation, and popped it into the top loading portable Hi Fi lifted from the electrical section.
Sophie jumped up, as quickly as her middle-aged legs would allow her and beckoned for me to join her dancing to Earth Wind and Fire. The nylon crackled and zipped as she moved her curvy body to the music, her long red hair draped across her pale face, and I watched with my subdued shuffle that was supposed to pass for dancing.
Despite the air conditioning I was warm buttoned up in the pink plastic raincoat that Sophie insisted I try on. I protested, of course, but loved the feel of the smooth material on my bare arms. I had to be ready to shed whatever raincoat that Sophie had me wearing and put my uniform jacket back on if anyone visited the counter, that was replete with a useful door-bell buzzer to gain my attention.
It was as she was getting in to the groove that such an interruption came, and I was forced to leave her gyrating alone.
“What is this world coming to?”, scorned the woman that I recognised immediately as being the same person that dropped off the black PVC mack leading to my finding Sophie; who might just turn out to be the love of my life, and I hopefully hers.
“You would think that people would take better care of their belongings”, and she almost threw another raincoat onto the counter, before striding off into the busy crowd without another word.
I picked up the beige PVC mack, noting it’s cool, smooth, tartan lining that felt like a super-fine latex.

Sophie was still dancing, but now to Van Morrison, doing the actions that we all learned back in our school days.
Her face seems red, probably from the exertion and being encased in lovely shiny nylon, she sang, “do the hustle…”
Her face dropped, as if she had seen a ghost, as I walked into the warehouse holding the new raincoat over my arm.
Her expression turned to anger, “what are you doing with that?”
I held it up, “what this?”, which on reflection was probably a stupid question, as it was all I was carrying.
“Where did you get it?”,she demanded.
I pointed to the large sign over the shelving saying “Lost Property”.
Realisation spread over her face, “Mum!”, she shouted, and ran past me to the front desk, rustling in her nylon outfit as she went.
“MUM, MUM”, she barked over the desk and into the crowd. Nobody took any notice, nobody ever took any notice of this sort of thing; someone in distress, someone needing help, someone else can run to their assistance, I have a train to catch.
She returned to the back of the warehouse, head hung low, shuffling despondently past me towards the rail of macks. She pulled down the over trousers and took the cagoule off over her head, messing up her hair.
She pulled her blue tee shirt back on over her bra and picked up her PVC raincoat, slowly sliding her arms into the rubbery lining.
She didn’t do it up, but picked up her bag and started to leave, not saying a word but looking sad.

“Sophie? Is that you?”,a voice called from the front.
It was a harsh voice, a voice I had heard before.
Sophie rushed through, standing in front of the counter was the woman who had dropped the raincoat off earlier.
“Mum? Is it really you?”, Sophie ran forward into the arms of the woman.
The older lady responded slowly by raising her arms and gently hugging her daughter, “Sophie, how is this possible? I was sure I would never see you again”.

After the reunion I invited the two women into the office, where they sat at the small table as I made tea.
Sophie explained that her mother had left the family when she was a little girl, her father said she went to be with another family because she didn’t love them anymore.
Her mother corrected her, “it wasn’t like that at all. I was sick. Very sick. I was going to die. I found a man who claimed to be able to heal me, but your father didn't believe him. To be honest I didn’t believe him. But when you are that close to death you need to have some hope. So I left to seek the impossible healing, without your fathers blessing. Leaving you was the hardest thing I ever did”.
The old woman was in tears.
“I was away for three months. The doctors say it was natural remission, who knows, but the cancer went. I came back, but your father had already moved you both. I tracked you to Syria, but the trail went dry, it was as if your father was running away so I couldn’t find you ever again”.
Sophie sat back, her shiny mack puffed up with air as she did, before sinking back, “When you left Dad was heartbroken. He joined some government agency and then we started moving all around the world. I don’t think he was running away, it was just his new job”.
“Why did you call out for me?”, her mother asked, “why now? Why here?”
“Your raincoat”, Sophie replied, “The one dropped off here earlier”.
“What? I found that on the train earlier. Two in one week, what’s all that about?”
“You found it?”, Sophie queried.
“It was yiur raincoat”, Sophie insisted, “the one you had when I was a girl. The one you wore on the day we dropped you at the hospital for the last time, the raincoat that…”, she stopped herself.
I bought the coat through from the back and handed it to Sophie’s mother. She took it and looked it up and down, a memory shot across her face and she smiled. She stood up and took off her pale green cardigan and slipped her arms into the smooth latex lining of the shiny mack. Her expression was of contentment, “my goodness dear, you are right, all those years ago, how did you remember?”
Despite the warm air of the office she buttoned the raincoat up and tied the shiny belt around her waist.
Sophie sobbed, but they were tears of joy, and the two women embraced, with Sophie burying her head into her mother’s chest as if she were a young child once again.

Dave always said there was something magical about the lost property office. A place where people found things more than just the items that had been lost. I never witnessed it myself until that time.

And as for Sophie and I - well that is still going strong. I confessed to my liking for plastic rainwear, but also other shiny materials, all the more sexy when she was wearing them. Sophie realised her love of PVC raincoats had come from that beige mack of her mothers all those years ago.

The PVC End
hotwilly

Re: Lost Property -Found!

Post by hotwilly »

Nice well written story
Thanks
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
yellowgirl

Post by yellowgirl »

loved the story,hope to read more
antcagoule

Post by antcagoule »

Lovely story, thanks.
Sbr.and.vinyl

Post by Sbr.and.vinyl »

Great!
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

Sbr.and.vinyl wrote: October 10th, 2022, 12:16 pmGreat!
Thanks for that.

JM
PetreVanClause

Post by PetreVanClause »

Sophie sounds good.
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Love these stories :)
Lets get swishy!
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

Thanks everyone. By way of a little vote - if I were to write another Lost Property story - should it be explicit or just romantic (with oodles of rainwear of course).

JM
Kinkykiwi

Post by Kinkykiwi »

Just rainwear is fine. Why spoil it? There are loads of other websites out there catering for those who prefer diversity. If it is explicit please label it so. I wont be reading it. Thank you.