PVC Shorts

Non rainwear related post about all things other than rainwear.
JellyMan

PVC Shorts

Post by JellyMan »

Sighting today… no raincoats but as we went into Dunelm there was a woman in what looked like black PVC running shorts. Not tight. I’d say she was in her 30’s, slim, but muscular thighs. I had the delight of following her upstairs. They might have been shiny nylon, but whatever they were, they were gorgeous!

They looked a bit like these although they didn’t have any coloured piping detail…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTCfpkKV1jg&t=121s

JM
JellyMan

Re: PVC Shorts

Post by JellyMan »

Two in one day. Pulled over to walk the dog and a white van pulled in next to me. A woman jumped out and went to the back of her van. She was wearing black shiny nylon joggers, the sort that women used to wear in the 80’s as sweatpants and as dance wear. Obviously her rear door was ajar. She slammed it, turned around, noticed I was looking and smiled at me. I said hello then she hopped back in the cab and drove off. I used to love the Fame series on TV for periodic sightings of those shiny joggers, and sometimes they wore shorts in the same material.

JM
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

galondraken wrote: June 26th, 2022, 5:41 pm Oh, shorts like those would be great today when its over 30 degrees and wearing plastic gets hot way to fast.
My mother made me wear shiny nylon shorts for school sport. All the other kids had normal ones, I was the only one in nylon. I hated the fact that they were different from the others, but secretly wished they were softer and shinier than they were. I did get pretty warm in them on hot days! My favourite material is plastic, but nylon holds memories of the past, both as shorts and forced over the head cagoule wearing.

JM
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

JellyMan wrote: June 28th, 2022, 4:32 am
My mother made me wear shiny nylon shorts for school sport. All the other kids had normal ones, I was the only one in nylon. I hated the fact that they were different from the others, but secretly wished they were softer and shinier than they were. I did get pretty warm in them on hot days! My favourite material is plastic, but nylon holds memories of the past, both as shorts and forced over the head cagoule wearing.

JM
I remember liking the thin nylon shorts which were very common back in the 1970's and 80's. I used to enjoy wearing them and seeing women and girls my own age wearing them, but its been over 20 years since I managed to find a pair in a shop. Having said that a pair of pvc shorts are great.
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

Mine were not the thin ones, they were thicker and the nylon was slightly rough.
NylonPVC

Post by NylonPVC »

I have quite a lot of pairs of the rough nylon shorts and great to wear as underwear and to swim in.

Love wearing plastic shorts commando too, although can get very sweaty, but that can add to the enjoyment.
Sarah pvc

Post by Sarah pvc »

Time of year I guess but There in fashion at present ...I don’t have any pvc, but recently bought a pair of black imitation leather ones from new look for £12, there divine with a good gloss to them.
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

These are the only ones I found at New Look, at about that price, but not very shiny.

https://www.newlook.com/uk/womens/cloth ... /823810101

Always nice to be able to visualise when someone mentions an outfit! 😉

JM
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

These look nice and seem to have a smooth surface.
Sarah pvc

Post by Sarah pvc »

JellyMan wrote: July 24th, 2022, 5:51 pm These are the only ones I found at New Look, at about that price, but not very shiny.

https://www.newlook.com/uk/womens/cloth ... /823810101

Always nice to be able to visualise when someone mentions an outfit! 😉

JM
I think it was a pvc skirt I paid £12 for, but I knew it was around that figure...
That not super shiny granted, but still I don’t think the image does them justice and for the money.
They smell very plasticky (is that a word ?) which I kinda like, especially in the garden with the sun in them.