Plastic raincoat

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Raincoatlove

Re: Plastic raincoat

Post by Raincoatlove »

Thanks again RG; If he can get that gray color, I'll have 2 raincoats. I'm not going to bother him about it but will reach out when my coat arrives and I tell him how perfect it is.
Raincoatlove

Post by Raincoatlove »

Thanks again RG; If he can get that gray color, I'll have 2 raincoats. I'm not going to bother him about it but will reach out when my coat arrives and I tell him how perfect it is.
Raincoatlove

Post by Raincoatlove »

Thanks again RG; I will reach out to Udo when my raincoat arrives and let him know how perfect it is. Maybe he can get some semi gray material and make me one in that color as well.
Raincoatlove

Post by Raincoatlove »

RG; I sent you a pm.
Raincoatlove

Post by Raincoatlove »

I contacted Udo for a sample of the material so I will know exactly how it feels. One square meter should do the trick. If To my satisfaction I will place my order. Would like to know if anyone in plastic land has any experience with the 0.14mm semi trans material. Thanks
rctr88

Post by rctr88 »

I also wish pvc-u-like would offer a material thinner than 0.12mm. It's probably one of the reasons I haven't purchased as much from them as I would like. My all time favourite material is what the old semi-transparent Jeantex raincoats were made out of and they were only 0.10mm. Yes, they are more fragile and don't last as long but that just means I would have to replace (if it cannot be repaired) more often. When you see new-old-stock Jeantex coats often fetching prices over 90 euros on ebay.de, I can't help but feel that an opportunity is being passed over. Perhaps put an "all sales are final, no refund clause" for the thinner materials could resolve any issues?
Raincoatlove

Post by Raincoatlove »

Hello RC; Thanks for the reply. To me 0.10mm would really be thin, in fact way too thin for me. Since the lightest stuff Udo has is 0.14mm semi transparent clear I'm thinking that it will be the closest plastic to the old 50s and 60s raincoats. They were so soft and smooth and a definite turn on. I await my sample so I can make my decision.
yellowgirl

Post by yellowgirl »

I’m thinking .10mm is a thin coat to wear around for it would tear to easy?My wife and I prefer thicker ones for we walk a lot in them
Raincoatlove

Post by Raincoatlove »

I received my 0.14 sample from FunPlastic today and I it was in no way what I was hoping for. It was thicker than I expected and had a strong odor to it. I placed it in hot water hoping to do something to the weight but to no avail. It is also quite stiff and not soft and pliable like the old plastic of earlier days. Reminds me of a clear plastic shower curtain you can get today. Bummer.
Raincoatlove

Post by Raincoatlove »

I received my 0.14 sample from FunPlastic today and I it was in no way what I was hoping for. It was thicker than I expected and had a strong odor to it. I placed it in hot water hoping to do something to the weight but to no avail. It is also quite stiff and not soft and pliable like the old plastic of earlier days. Reminds me of a clear plastic shower curtain you can get today. Bummer.