Rain shorts - where?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
annabell-cagoule

Re: Rain shorts - where?

Post by annabell-cagoule »

I have some OMM ones for running in in the wet. They are modern materials though but do have a shiny lining.
Lets get swishy!
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

I have a pair of black shiny shorts from PVC u like, they do get used for walking or pushbike rides in the wet.
Susihough

Post by Susihough »

shinyphile wrote: June 11th, 2022, 5:58 pm I follow many interesting outdoors and adventure oriented people on Instagram. One of them posted recently inquiring about if any manufacturer made rain shorts. I have not replied as I don’t have a myriad of places to suggest. The only thing that comes to mind is PVC-U-LIKE model TR11 and TR12 made in the appropriate color and thickness. Anything else come to mind?

As far as usage, I can only assume this is for summer hikes in warm and rainy weather where full pants would be too warm, one can allow wet knees, and one is probably wearing a PVC rain lightweight jacket. OR this is for camp situations where rain capes are used and one just wants rain shorts to be able to sit on wet wood, benches, seats without issue.

The outdoors person makes use of Xtratuf wellies so that part is perhaps taken care of.
Have a look at these by RAINS - https://www.rains.com/products/track-sh ... 1450952750 or https://www.rains.com/collections/mens- ... 9561465902
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

Those two items are shorts by "Rains" but not rainshorts.

There is always the possibility to shorten normal rainpants.
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Or just cut off some waterproof trousers and stitch the hem
Up with some elastic?
Lets get swishy!
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

We have two pairs of yellow rainpants that have been shortened with elastics sewn in at the hem. We don't use them as rainpants though. They are being used as perspiration pants or for the application of mud treatments. We have them in rather small sizes because of the usage as undergarment.
raincoatgirl23

Post by raincoatgirl23 »

we can found this rain short on amazon ?
mikemac

Post by mikemac »

Make them out of long ones or get someone to do it you can choose from a lot materials
mikemac

Post by mikemac »

Make them out of long ones or get someone to do it you can choose from a lot materials
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

These look lovely to wear about the garden and house mmmm