Raincoats so many

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Pipvcoat

Raincoats so many

Post by Pipvcoat »

My first post, scarry.
My wife has problems accepting my like for raincoats. I have always loved to wear plastic coats especially PVC-U-LIKE, then I found faux leather coats, I was In heaven. I especially like the ASOS Web site. Love the Vinyl coats. But everytime I mention a coat I get knocked back, so have started to buy the coats I like and hide them. This is not a good way forward, do the members have any ideas of a way forward
JellyMan

Re: Raincoats so many

Post by JellyMan »

Welcome to the forum pipvcoat.

First of all, be assured that many of us have the same situation. Acceptance can be very difficult for some people. My advice is to keep things light, make it fun not heavy and don’t be too pushy. You will get more agreement after you have found and accepted whatever it is your wife wants, then give her that very thing, then you can suggest maybe she could do something for you. This is not easy as women’s fantasies are more in the head than physical, so you may need to do some role play, act a certain way (be assertive or submissive), you may even have to go out on a date first. Many women are bought up NOT to express what they want, so it can be tricky! The key to your happiness is in hers!

Best of luck, many of us have been exactly where you are.

JM
shinyphile

Post by shinyphile »

Are these coats you mention for wearing outside in the rain and enjoying staying dry with quality truly waterproof coats on those rainy days and/or commuting to work and walking in the rain to work especially involving waiting for bus or train?

… or are these for indoor / fun / intimate / passionate / pleasure use?

If the first, perhaps getting one in the typical of colors and textures exciting to be pvc or polyurethane coated fabric but normal looking enough nobody cares about it. You may already have one like this so if so, wear it often when raining.

If the indoor intimate use, I don’t know what to suggest as that takes the winning over of the spouse to enjoy the thrill and freedom that comes with PVC and I am at a loss on how to introduce a spouse to such thrilling wardrobe items who isn’t thrilled. Maybe others on this group can help.

I don’t recommend the hiding part- but don’t know how to proceed either.
Kinkykiwi

Post by Kinkykiwi »

Its a long slow process. If you force the issue, it will only make her more 'anti'. Also hiding stuff is dangerous, women are naturally inquisitive and will always find things eventually, which again will create distrust. I found gentle goading, going off on long weekends, your treat, in Britain go to somewhere like North Wales in October, when it constantly rains! Make sure she doesnt take her favorite cotton mac with her! Treat her to a very sensible, but shiny hooded raincoat, found everywhere in Wales in October!! Make a joke of it. Buy one for yourself as well! The trick is to make it fun.
Kinkykiwi

Post by Kinkykiwi »

Just realised, you are in Brisbane, so I suggest Tasmania, that place always reminds me of Wales!!!