Lacking in confidence, rainwear in indoor public spaces

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
shinyphile

Re: Lacking in confidence, rainwear in indoor public spaces

Post by shinyphile »

Izzitpvc wrote: April 15th, 2022, 8:48 am
shinyphile wrote: April 15th, 2022, 7:37 am But how is the look? If the look is a normal looking rubberized jacket I would not concern myself with aroma issues. What fabric is it? If it looks normal just enjoy the aroma yourself and not concern yourself.
The look is a "full zip up" jacket with front pockets & hood, the colour is "olive green" and is pvc and in itself not really be particularly noticeable, I do enjoy the aroma myself, it was in my mind "fellow shoppers/travellers might not

I think the concept is how I think of brand new rubber or pvc wellies. Some may have an aroma when new but I enjoy it and wear it anyway. You also don’t know if others around you enjoy it too. Others might appreciate it and you would never know.
magsw1

Post by magsw1 »

having heavy rain one will need to wear suitable rain wear...buttoned right up, and yes certain considerations, but one should try to over come sesibbly and enjoy life , with covid still about a suitable mask handy, unfortunatly the wearther has been so much drier of late. like to go out for a walk with some one dressed in rain wear ...that would help you over come trapidation maybe , a ramble in the countryside on a wet day ,and a cupa in a cafe to celibrate :)
Peterkinann

Post by Peterkinann »

I always wear a plastic pvc raincoat no matter what the weather I also always wear a plastic rain bonnet I can’t go out without one I would now feel naked with it I really don’t care what people think I would say wear what you want to wear your laughing that them when your dry and they are soaking wet
Peterkinann

Post by Peterkinann »

I always wear a plastic pvc raincoat no matter what the weather I also always wear a plastic rain bonnet I can’t go out without one I would now feel naked with it I really don’t care what people think I would say wear what you want to wear your laughing that them when your dry and they are soaking wet
Shinyhood

Post by Shinyhood »

Why concern yourself over what other people think? Unless you know them, you are not likely to meet them again. I wear what I like when I like. If someone looks at me, I keep eye contact. 99% will look away. You are showing confidence in what you are doing and wearing. They are the submissive one, and maybe, maybe, even slightly jealous?
Gannexman

Post by Gannexman »

Yes. I’d say just put it on, fasten it up, and go and go whatever. Another thing to try might be to go out with someone else wearing something similar. Then there’s two of you. I used to be scared to wear my stuff but I’m not now. I walked round the local supermarket in my wife’s Mac thd other day. Nobody turned a hair!
furryhood

Post by furryhood »

mason wrote: April 13th, 2022, 12:47 pm Seriously, no one gives a flying fuck what kind of rainwear you wear when it's wet and cold. It only stands out on hot & dry days.

Very few people are even aware rainwear is a (sexual) fetish. In other words, our irrational fear of wearing rainwear in public is all in our mind - because WE know it's kinky and a bit "weird".

I've even worn my super shiny yellow rainsuits around the supermarket. I've also worn my blue/yellow PVC-U-LIKE rain overalls to my local mall, albeit on a very cold and showery day. I was quite surprisded to observe that no one gave a shit what I was wearing.

Just do it, and enjoy being in rainwear.
Well said Mason.
I love this forum. It allows us all to express our feelings, be it positive or negative. I am fortunate, like Mason, to have the confidence to stick two fingers up to the world and say fuck'em!
I will wear what I like when I like. When I discovered, actually, I can, and did, nobody, I mean absolutely nobody gave a toss. No derogatory comments, no nothing. In fact, short of applause, I actually almost got flattery. So, for Gods sake, dont waste you're lives hidden behind a closed door, go out and express yourself. All you will do is get a great high, and maybe encourage more to do the same. It may also encourage those high street outlets to start re inventing shiny macs again!!!!!!
John Farmer

Post by John Farmer »

I too lack confidence to go out in rainwear particularly wellies in an indoor or outdoor setting in my earlier years. I didn't know how the public in general would see me, or say about me "wearing my wellies with the tops turned down" I was shy tbh behind it all at first....
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

I thought I didn’t want to wear rainwear in public but actually I don’t give a hoot what other people think. BUT my wife wouldn’t understand, and that’s why I don’t do it beyond my matte PVC rain jacket in weather that is right for it. The other dimension is when someone can accept something as purely sexual and thus very occasionally allow it in the bedroom, but the idea of wanting to wear it in other situations is somehow worse in their minds. Before I met my wife she had a range of plastic and PVC rainwear that she wore in public (I’ve seen photos) but she said now, had she known what an effect it has on ‘some people’, she would never have worn it, and to this day never has again.

I have often wondered, in the awful event that I lost my wife, what would I do? I know in my heart of hearts I know I’d put in a big order to PVC-U-LIKE for all manner of lovely items and dress and sleep in plastic as much as I could. Going out dressed that way would be on the cards.

JM
bethbennett202

Post by bethbennett202 »

I only wear my macs I'n public if its raining there's no need to do so if it isent raining