Lacking in confidence, rainwear in indoor public spaces

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Rainworshipper

Re: Lacking in confidence, rainwear in indoor public spaces

Post by Rainworshipper »

Shinyhood wrote: September 12th, 2022, 2:32 pm
Izzitpvc wrote: May 20th, 2022, 10:06 am Thanks again for everyone's contributions/support & comments as they are very helpful and of course helping me build up my confidence on a slightly down note it has sadly not rained much or if it has it has been through the night, good for the garden but not a lot of help in wearing my cagoule warm, sunny and windy during daylight hours but keeping an eye on the daily weather forecast though, not many "rain symbols" appearing as yet.

There you go. Summer is now over. Getting misty in the morning and certainly more rain about. No more excuses. Go and get yourself macked up and wear the hood up whenever possible. Most of all, ENJOY IT!!!!!!!!
I will be out in it early tomorrow since there is rain in the forecast and I will definitely be enjoying it.
dave62

Post by dave62 »

Just yesterday, my my wife and I did errands to about 4 places. It was overcast, so without telling me, she walks out to the car, wearing one of her clear raincoats. This one was slightly oversized, as most of the raincoats we buy are bought to be worn with nothing underneath them. My lady for a long time, she looked sharp. And the comments! About every 3 minutes. It was a lot of fun to stay a few feet behind and watch everyone watch her. And Macklovins advice is dead on. My lady didn't care. She was happy, and when you radiate happiness, everyone wants in. The interesting part is that 3/4 quarters of the women who come up and commented, simply have to touch the raincoat. My wife was wearing a short sleeve shirt/blouse, and she told me it felt really nice when most people touched her through the jacket.

Well, that was the first two stores. We go to the third, and she stops me at the car, and opens the trunk. She had put in one of my clear raincoats. She held it up and said, 'Together". And so i did. And like Macklovin said, she and I didn't care. And this time, when the women came up and made the comments, they had to touch the raincoat. And this time, it was mine they had to touch! One gal even said, 'Do you ever use these for more than shopping?". My wife laughed and leaned forward and said, "All the time. And the next time will be within 90 minutes!" This gal smiled and said, she knows.

So it was just one more fun weekend. Good comments from everyone.
Fluffyfurry

Post by Fluffyfurry »

I live in the middle of the city, so I don't dare to wear any rainwear at all. Even if the weather is appropriate, and my rainwear colorless/generic. I always wanted to have a walk in rubber boots, but I'm too shy. It's much easier for women, it's completely acceptable for them, to wear whatever they want, and nobody thinks they are weird.
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

Fluffyfurry wrote: September 21st, 2022, 5:05 am I live in the middle of the city, so I don't dare to wear any rainwear at all. Even if the weather is appropriate, and my rainwear colorless/generic. I always wanted to have a walk in rubber boots, but I'm too shy. It's much easier for women, it's completely acceptable for them, to wear whatever they want, and nobody thinks they are weird.
There was a time when I felt the same as you Fluffyfurry, but I have lost most of my inhibitions about wearing shiny rainwear in public. As a first step try going to a place some distance away on a rainy day and wear it out. I think you will be surprised to find that few people will even notice what you are wearing.