Lacking in confidence, rainwear in indoor public spaces

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Izzitpvc

Re: Lacking in confidence, rainwear in indoor public spaces

Post by Izzitpvc »

Hi Everybody,
Firstly thank you all for your responses to my original "question" they are very much appreciated, I will wear my cagoule out in "public" when the weather dictates, I will of course post a message here after the event, watch this space, lol
Peterkinann

Post by Peterkinann »

Hi good on you

Just enjoy wearing it and please let us know how it goes x
Mac the lad

Post by Mac the lad »

It shouldn’t bother you as it’s just an item of clothing and that’s it to the very majority of people just like a leather jacket (which some have a fetish for) so the shyness etc only exists in yourself as you know your wearing for your fetish, Try take on the attitude that you are genuinely just wearing it for it’s real purpose “ to keep you dry” when wearing it say in a shop try wearing it casual like undone hood down etc to lessen the shyness feeling, it does work… what I’m trying to say is if you had a brolly you wouldn’t keep it up above your head in the shop would you! So wear your cagoule with confidence and relax ,,,,like I say after all all it is is a wet weather garment isn’t it …..
shinyphile

Post by shinyphile »

Shinyhood wrote: April 24th, 2022, 8:10 am Why concern yourself over what other people think? Unless you know them, you are not likely to meet them again. I wear what I like when I like. If someone looks at me, I keep eye contact. 99% will look away. You are showing confidence in what you are doing and wearing. They are the submissive one, and maybe, maybe, even slightly jealous?
I was thinking about that this week when on the train with standing room only. I was wearing my polyurethane coated thick jacket somewhat even faux leather like (matte not glossy shiny) and kept intermittently seemingly looked at by a person seated beside. Either he thought it was strange or yes, could have been jealous and possibly appreciated the look of such a proper rain jacket. Hopefully the individual was just jealous.
mason

Post by mason »

I wore my shiny blue poly cagoule top from ASOS whilst out today; no one even gave me a second look. It wasn't rainy but it was very cold & windy though.

Like I said, most of this is all in your mind.
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

I concour!
Do as you like!
(Within reason!)
Izzitpvc

Post by Izzitpvc »

Hi Again,
Everybody is correct, it is my head/mind, the comment from Mac the lad & Mason sums it up "so the shyness etc only exists in yourself as you know your wearing for your fetish," I tend to get caught up in what other people think and shy away from what I actually want to achieve, which in this case is to wear a pvc cagoule in public, I mean it is olive green, will not stand out in crowd. So to sum up I need to get a grip and go with the flow
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Izzitpvc wrote: May 6th, 2022, 2:25 pm Hi Again,
Everybody is correct, it is my head/mind, the comment from Mac the lad & Mason sums it up "so the shyness etc only exists in yourself as you know your wearing for your fetish," I tend to get caught up in what other people think and shy away from what I actually want to achieve, which in this case is to wear a pvc cagoule in public, I mean it is olive green, will not stand out in crowd. So to sum up I need to get a grip and go with the flow
Well it is not like it is Bright Pink!!
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

I have worn my fluro pink one runners point cagoule on many occasions in public and no one has ever given me a second look, other than one person who asked where I bought it as they loved the look of the colour :)
Lets get swishy!
Raincoated

Post by Raincoated »

mason wrote: May 6th, 2022, 7:37 am I wore my shiny blue poly cagoule top from ASOS whilst out today; no one even gave me a second look. It wasn't rainy but it was very cold & windy though.

Like I said, most of this is all in your mind.
I totally agree. Like Mason, I bought the Asos shiny pu cagoule a couple of years ago. I wear it regularly. Rain and shine. To date, only complimentary looks of approval, otherwise ignored. Dont waste your life worrying, no bothering, what other people think. These days they have other bigger worries to consider, like paying their heating bills. What you are wearing is of little consequence!!!!