Classic 1980s nylon anorak

Non rainwear related post about all things other than rainwear.
shinyphile

Classic 1980s nylon anorak

Post by shinyphile »

I found a link to a used online store selling one of the anorak nylon pullover jackets I liked seeing back then…

https://www.depop.com/products/cafejoy- ... ndbreaker/

The nylon in the photos seems to be very dull and not the glossy look I recall the brand had. I recall them much more of a gloss nylon

But.. the either the listing doesn’t show the shine
Or the shine wore off
Or the one pictured is a newer or older model so a different fabric…

But at least I found an example of a similar desirable anorak … just wondering why the shine is not in the one pictured.

The shiny ones I recall were sold in a store called “The Lodge” or “The Lodge at Harvard Square”. Does anyone know if pullover jackets / anorak like that were sold by other companies and if so who else sold it? The year is perhaps 1988-1990 or so.
JellyMan

Re: Classic 1980s nylon anorak

Post by JellyMan »

I don’t think it is nylon at all, if you zoom in it looks more like cotton or a light canvas material. I think the style is nice, just not the material and it doesn’t suggest it is nylon on the listing. If you want shiny try this…

https://rainwearpassion.com/wp-content/ ... a9a2a4.jpg

JM
Hotnylon123

Post by Hotnylon123 »

Yes I agree it dosnt look like nylon but the style is nice . I have a pull over Peter storm that is blue and very shiny .
shinyphile

Post by shinyphile »

Yes, the picture is showing a similar constructed pullover anorak jacket I was seeing if the nylon version existed. The photo of the one on the used clothing site had the same general look, same horizontal stripe, same hood cords except not in the tan color I was looking for, same front pocket placement, but only exception was fabric.

I posted it here wondering if anyone knew about other stores than “The Lodge” that sold the version of this with moderately glossy nylon fabric.
Hotnylon123

Post by Hotnylon123 »

Iv got a light blue Peter storm and a thicker navy blue KayWay over head nylon cagoul they look so good but not seen any womans.