Just to get wet

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Vxr 15

Just to get wet

Post by Vxr 15 »

Is it me or does anyone else keep an eye on the weather forecast just to find out when it's going to rain, when there's a hint of rain I'm looking at as many forcasts as possible just to pin point when it's going to rain so i can go out in whatever rainwear i feel like at the time just to get wet, also for as long as possible or until it stops.
Rainworshipper

Re: Just to get wet

Post by Rainworshipper »

I have to admit that I keep an eye on the forecast if I have a spare day when I am not working, although at this time of year it is often too cold to be enjoyable. I went out for a wet and muddy walk a few days ago and it was the first time I had been out for a casual walk in my rainwear since the autumn. In the warmer months of the year I also tend to keep an eye on the tide times as well.
joe

Post by joe »

I love to monitor weather reports when rain is in the forecast and I can thrill to the words: “rain, heavy at times.”

This was especially so when I was growing up in Northern New Jersey in the 1970s and listening to WCBS NewsRadio 88 for those magic words so that I could anticipate wearing my raincoat to school the next day and enjoy the sight and sound of wearing and wetting my raincoat in the incorrigible drenching downpours.

And of course I still do this today….

I hope that many others can tell of similar memories.
Wellies247

Post by Wellies247 »

Yes yes yes, I love nothing more than getting on the wellies and wet suit and get out in the rain, I have a very muddy walk just up the road from me, which this time of year is very pleasant
Get your boots on
Wellies247

Post by Wellies247 »

Rainworshipper wrote: December 30th, 2021, 8:20 am I have to admit that I keep an eye on the forecast if I have a spare day when I am not working, although at this time of year it is often too cold to be enjoyable. I went out for a wet and muddy walk a few days ago and it was the first time I had been out for a casual walk in my rainwear since the autumn. In the warmer months of the year I also tend to keep an eye on the tide times as well.
I cant so relate to you, I have tidal mud near me too so it's always nice to go deep when tide is out, waders and waterproofs on and take in the delights of the harbour mud.
Get your boots on
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

Wellies247 wrote: January 7th, 2022, 4:49 pm
Rainworshipper wrote: December 30th, 2021, 8:20 am I have to admit that I keep an eye on the forecast if I have a spare day when I am not working, although at this time of year it is often too cold to be enjoyable. I went out for a wet and muddy walk a few days ago and it was the first time I had been out for a casual walk in my rainwear since the autumn. In the warmer months of the year I also tend to keep an eye on the tide times as well.
I cant so relate to you, I have tidal mud near me too so it's always nice to go deep when tide is out, waders and waterproofs on and take in the delights of the harbour mud.
In the warmer months of the year I sometimes go to an estuary about 20 miles away, but at this time of the year it is too cold, it is not the temperature in the river but it is too chilly afterwards to be enjoyable. The first rainy day in the spring when the tide is high and I will be down there again if I get the chance.
Wellies247

Post by Wellies247 »

Rainworshipper wrote: January 8th, 2022, 8:18 am
Wellies247 wrote: January 7th, 2022, 4:49 pm
In the warmer months of the year I sometimes go to an estuary about 20 miles away, but at this time of the year it is too cold, it is not the temperature in the river but it is too chilly afterwards to be enjoyable. The first rainy day in the spring when the tide is high and I will be down there again if I get the chance.
Sounds great, I'm also loving all the rain we are having
Get your boots on
latexstorm

Post by latexstorm »

spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

It is an age restricted video wanting credit card details!
latexstorm

Post by latexstorm »

Wow. Ok. That must be how youtube is checking these days to see if you're an adult

It's unnecessary, anyway. I'll update not to require age verification as soon as I can.

Update: shouldn't be demanding anything more than the link now!
Last edited by latexstorm on January 31st, 2022, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.