Sad demise of a great site.

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Kinkykiwi

Re: Sad demise of a great site.

Post by Kinkykiwi »

'Likeminded ' is the keyword here. There are some who like and those that definately dont. This is where, perhaps further catagories need to be introduced.
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

galondraken wrote: December 18th, 2021, 6:28 pm As a long time member and rainwear fetishist with a great deal of sexual interests in rainwear threads like this makes me unsure if I'm really welcome here to express my thoughts and discuss with likeminded persons.
Let’s get this straight, you absolutely are very welcome here and we all love having you as a member. Other members post things that are not my cup of tea (and I don’t mean you) all the time, and I totally respect that we are all different and the site is a richer and better place for it.

JM
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

These threads are always quite interesting

Is the site in decline?

It certainly doesn’t have the number of regular posters that it used to have but that’s the same for many sites these days

“So why do a few have to turn it into, quite frankly, sexually perverse, crude and most unappealing, I imagine, to the bulk of potential readers and/or contributors to the site”

The site owner and moderators must be happy with the way the site is or they would change it and at the end of the day it’s their time and money invested in it

Klepperman says he’s “been a silent follower of this forum for quite a few years” yet in his second ever post says “If a few others supported the cause” maybe if you’d joined earlier and made a contribution things would be different but you chose not to

Rubbersocks1999 chips in “this site gives them a chance to express themselves” “Add you comments. Make the world a bigger place” this from someone who has made 73 posts in over 10 years

It’s amazing the number of people who criticise the site but contribute very little to it
Kinkykiwi

Post by Kinkykiwi »

-?
jane mackintosh

Post by jane mackintosh »

As almost certainly one of the culprits referred to in Klepperman's cri de coeur regarding sexually explicit material being posted on this site, I feel he deserves a response, & certainly should not "be told to naff off". Firstly, everyone in this Forum is, to a greater or lesser extent, sexually deviant. The vast majority of people would be puzzled to be told that two of the most mundane items of clothing, raincoats & wellies, are sexually fascinating or for some sexually arousing. Conversely, they would not be so puzzled to know that the two most common forms of sexual deviance are cross-dressing in lingerie & fem. dom. (according to workers in the sex industry, & I know a few) So we are deviants, so what; it gives us pleasure. However,as Klepperman points out, the question at issue is how explicit should we be in expressing this deviance. By way of example: bondage in rainwear appears frequently on this site & is merely one (mild) form of sado/masochism. At the other end of the scale are whips & blood. Neither appeal to me, but I can appreciate how they do to some. Now how far along that scale is to be deemed "acceptable"? Mason thoughtfully suggests a separate site attached to the Gay section,but two problems present themselves: not all this "objectionable" content is homosexual (I'm bisexual by the way) but more controversially who will adjudicate as our moral arbiter? One proposal is to self rate, similar to movies, let's say on a scale of one to five, from vanilla to OMFG! I think that's got merit. Rubberdee seeks to "weed out the fiction from the fact", but the bulk of my contributions have been entirely factual, but I'm sure not within the bounds of Klepperman's acceptance criteria. Anyway its a good discussion & speaking personally I hope I haven't pissed too many people off.Certainly not intended. Perhaps its due to coming from a country where the long serving head of the Prostitutes' Collective was created a Dame in the Honours List & where an ex-prostitute & transgender was elected an MP--I applaud both. In the meantime let's keep banning kids, calves, & corpses. Happy Xmas Klepperman & in the meantime if you see my name at the top of anything ---skip it.
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

One of the problems of not logging in to this site is you get to see content from the people you've blocked :(
reversiblepete

Post by reversiblepete »

I think the only issue is etiquette.

This issue could have been solved without the derogatory language by either just logging in and blocking the member in question so you don't see those stories or by discussing a bit more eloquently and pushing for headers notifying you of content like m/m m/f f/f ect also maybe an explicit warning and specific interest warning like piss, chastity, domination etc.
It's not like this is the first time it has come up.

I personally only want to read filthy smut if I'm bothering to go there. And would like to see a header saying it's clean or a sighting so i can miss those.

Forum etiquette is the reason i've not posted in a while. I'd like to see the youtube movie sightings clips be moved to a megathread like many members have done with repetitive content. If you don't regularly come here it can be tiring to go through pages and pages of threads to find anything interesting.
Plus it seems the community of people showing thier enjoyment of gear is at places easier to post pics and see engagement or behind membership so you have to log in.
The lurkers here are what kills my interest in sharing.
We've been posting with the awesome fetish community on Instagram, check us out.
https://www.instagram.com/togetherinplastic/