Wanting to sell my collection

Do you have rainwear you want to sell or perhaps an eBay auction we should know about? Feel free to advertise it here.
annabell-cagoule

Re: Wanting to sell my collection

Post by annabell-cagoule »

You could list them as bundles in either brand or sizes, alot of vintage clothing resellers would buy them to eBay them selves or put them in vintage clothing shops.

Or put a listing of the brand names on here and let folks ask for their wish list of what they want, if you have what they want then you could send photos of the said rainwear to see if they are interested.

For example What peter storms do you have? Might be interested
Lets get swishy!
discoruss

Post by discoruss »

Just go though your collection slowly I would say. Don't rush into getting it all sold quickly I say.

I myself am a cagoule lover and always buying and selling looking, especially the Peter Storm types and any other.
discoruss

Post by discoruss »

Just go though your collection slowly I would say. Don't rush into getting it all sold quickly I say.

I myself am a cagoule lover and always buying and selling looking, especially the Peter Storm types and any other.
swish87

Post by swish87 »

I agree with some of the other comments. You really need to do the hard work yourself or let someone help you and split the proceeds.

A way to start would be to draw up a rough inventory based on category (oilskins, cagoules, suits, Mac's etc) and post them here and on other rainwear forums.

See if anyone within the RW community would be willing to buy some stuff direct (saving you time listing them on eBay) and then go about ebaying the larger value items (waders, rare vintage stuff) making sure that you take good photographs, clean the items and list any defects.

Personally, I'm always on the lookout for thick, nylon waterproofs (cagoules, overalls, anoraks, overtrousers etc) or oilskin sets (66North, HH, Grundens etc), so I'd certainly be open to seeing a list or some pictures of your collection to negotiate some purchases?

Email me at kennybarlon87@gmail.com with any pictures and let me know where in the UK you're based.
TStorm56

Post by TStorm56 »

Unfortunately you will have to go through the long process of sorting everything out and taking pictures. I would start by sorting everything by manufacturer, list out what you have, and then send pictures and measurements as needed. If you have any Grundens, Helly Hansen, Ocean, or Aalesund gear I would be interested! Rainsuits work too!
EQ1

Post by EQ1 »

Agreed.

I would be very interested any Rukka rainwear, if you have any
gummicki

Post by gummicki »

I'm pretty sure that when you start showing picrutes with a bundle of gear or a video you will get a ton of questions and messages to answer. I'm also sure there are a lot people who'd have fun by waching and checking all those clothes. making pictures and maby try them on for pics.. this would be a fetishists dream for a while. I def would do that for free when i can try them on and send them to other fans to make them happy.
So i would ask around for someone nearby or maby someone to help you with that process. :)
I'm also very interestet in many pieces..
raincoatboy

Post by raincoatboy »

If you were in the US I would be all over them especially the shiny ones.
hoodtight

Post by hoodtight »

Well, I'm looking for an immaculate Berghaus Lightning jacket, size Men's Large, and preferably in red.

I just mention it in case......
charles-shinymac

Post by charles-shinymac »

This has been going on for a long time now - If you are really serious - Why not sell the lot to rainmactrader on ebay - I sold my collection to him and got a fair price - he drove 200 miles to view and buy my collection of several hundred items - he will list \ measure \ describe and photograph everything and advertise it on ebay then we can all view and possibly buy from him - (albeit pay a bit more - the chap has to make a living) He is John Stephenson and used to run shinymac back in the day and he is very knowledgable.
He has money and can afford to buy the lot, I found him very fair.
Rob