Not macs, but the 1960s shiny diamond quilted hooded anoraks

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
pvcbliss

Not macs, but the 1960s shiny diamond quilted hooded anoraks

Post by pvcbliss »

Showing my age a bit but,as a child I grew up being made to wear the very commonly seen, certainly in the early 60's, diamond quilted hooded anoraks. Right from a young age my mother would fasten me into one. At age maybe 3 or 4 the first being blue with a red lining. I hated it right from the start. If it was rainging, up went the hood, tied off by its drawstrings, along with the drawstrings around the bottom hem. If I pulled the hood down, it would be tied back with a double knot, something my little fingers couldnt undo. The next was another blue one with a furry, fleecy lined hood, I liked this one a bit, it was nice and warm and snug, I still played up when the hood was put up, but I remember kind of liking it. Having grown out of that one my final one was a much shinier smoother quilted nylon, I liked this one a lot (although never telling my mother so!), I remember liking the touch, the hood was more padded with the same soft material, no drawstrings, now a gentle elastication which gently gripped around the face. Although far to young, we would now call it, erotic, the kind of feeling I got when wearing it. Perhaps the start of my rainwear fetish? I also remember my mum putting a shiny plastic mac over it, when it was raining very hard, for ' further protection', further enhancing my mackintosh/rainwear fad! The final memorable episode happened on my eighth birthday, it was October, cold and damp, brown anoraked with added plastic mac, me and my cousins, mostly a bit older than me, were playing cowboys and indians in the garden. You've probably guessed it, yes, I got tied, to the tree, rather well in fact, struggled hard, but no escape! I was left like it for ages, when my oldest cousin Karen then came over, pulled up both anorak and mac hoods, made a gag from a scarf......... And thats why I am now a submissive, rainwear lover from Liverpool! Oh to be young again.......

Any one out there remember those quilted anoraks, more so, anyone out there like them as much as I do?

I have managed to have several made, my size, over the years, and yes I do wear them out. Anything goes these days!

I also like the current puffer coats, shiny vinyl kagouls, shiny pvc macs of course, although much prefer with attached hoods.

To be tied up in one, two, however many, for a prolonged period...... definitely bliss.
hoodtight

Re: Not macs, but the 1960s shiny diamond quilted hooded anoraks

Post by hoodtight »

Absolutely I do! Most of us schoolboys had them in the '60's, and I remember how I'd volunteer to take the dog for a walk 'round the block' just so as to be able to pull my hood up and tie it tight and experience that rather nice feeling lower down which I recognise now as being the start of my fetish for all things hooded. Prior to that I had had a Belstaff Dalesman over-the-head anorak in, I guess, poplin. Green with a lovely yellow lining. Anyone remember those?

I'd love to have both again!
pvcbliss

Post by pvcbliss »

Wonderful, corny to think I was the only one! Especially having recently discovering this wonderful site!!!!! Hoods are the trigger. Any rainwear is ok. But hooded and shiny turns my head every time.
maidjenny

Post by maidjenny »

I was also lucky enough to be made to wear a similar coat that rustled a little, and like you in the 60s i was usually fastened into a pac a mac to protect the the coat i never did understand and used to ask even beg to be released if only now i would beg to wear lol. And yes i now know what the feeling was below and at 72 it does still occur. Ive been addicted all my life.
Kaggyfan

Post by Kaggyfan »

New to this sight and bingo. I grew up wearing just that. I swear it was those nylon anoraks my parents insisted me wearing, especially with the hood up and tied that has now led me all those years later to here. Is it good or bad? Have to say its not done me much harm.
cagouled rambler

Post by cagouled rambler »

I loved all these games growing up . I always loved being the prisoner or hostage tied and gagged whilst wearing a nylon overhead blue cagoule with large flapped pocket.Hooded tightly with the drawstrings tied in bow correctly.
Straitjacketed

(Deleted)

Post by Straitjacketed »

(Deleted)
Last edited by Straitjacketed on December 30th, 2021, 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
pvcbliss

Post by pvcbliss »

It aint bondage until you want out....... Hits the nail on the head! My perfect scenario. Mistress. Control. Shiny mack. Hooded. Locking Collar. Padlock. Haaaahaaaaa. Back in two days....... Perhaps!
Cagoule

Post by Cagoule »

As you might know, cagoules are my thing but it stated with nylon anoraks in the 1960's. I guess I must have been around seven years old and remember an absolute fascination with my green quilted nylon hooded anorak. I remember the feeling of the anorak (the fabric) and the noise it made. It was different to my previous one (and many of the time) in that the nylon was more crispy/swishy. It made a wonderful noise that I absolutely loved as well as the feel of the fabric. Bizarrely however, I also recall some kind of weird love/hate feeling to wearing it sometimes, maybe because of my special feelings towards it, but actually I really loved it.

I would sneak that green quilted anorak up to my bedroom rather than storing it in the cupboard under the stairs where the family coats were usually hung. I would hang it in the wardrobe in my bedroom. I loved to touch it and when I thought I could get away with it, pull it on and pull the hood up. Occasionally after bedtime and presumably when I was supposed to be asleep, I would pull it into my bed, remove my pyjama top and put it on against my skin. At that age I doubt that I masturbated, but I certainly got huge pleasure (sexual?) from what I was doing. I really liked to pull up the elasticated hood of the anorak to feel covered and enclosed by the soft swishy nylon. I’m sure that I was very careful not to fall asleep for fear of getting caught and at some point (probably after just a few minutes), I would take the anorak off and hang it back in the wardrobe.
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

I always disliked the quilted coats, probably because it meant the wearer had not chosen (or been forced to wear) a plastic or smooth nylon raincoat. Most quilted coats looked the part, but were too uninteresting to the touch as far as I was concerned. I did once have an unquilted coat in the same shiny fabric, which I loved wearing. It was irritatingly lined but after a few years, it accidentally disappeared after a family holiday, but in fact I had hidden it away and slowly removed the wadding inside then finally cut out the lining, to make it an unlined nylon jacket. I deposited small parts of the lining material in the main bin, pushed way down so nobody would see it! It was not as shiny and swishy as I would have liked, but it did come out of hiding late at night whenever I was alone!

In the end it looked like this, but slightly less shiny…

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/54/fa/f1/54fa ... 0f9716.jpg

JM