Maium Original raincoat

Share your feedback on rainwear that you have or other rainwear related items and services you have made use of.
Bill_P

Maium Original raincoat

Post by Bill_P »

https://maium.nl/en/product/mens-origin ... pa_size=xs

Just received my new Maium Original peacock blue raincoat yesterday and got a chance to wear it in the rain this evening. It's a great coat, smooth, glossy finish, makes nice subtle crackling sounds when you move around in it. Has both zipper and snap closures, roomy hood with a large peaked bill, which every great raincoat needs to keep the rain out of one's face. Nice length, hits below the knees, so when paired with wellies you're damn near completely covered from head to toe. Their raincoats also have zippers along the sides that you can use to convert it to a poncho for bicycling (don't think I'm going to try that feature, as I fear the raincoat getting caught in the wheels or sprockets). This looks like a good company to support. They're environmentally conscious, making their raincoats from recycled plastic bottles. The only negative I can think of is this peacock blue color is their only offering in a glossy material, all their other coats have a matte finish. Nonetheless, I'm very happy with this addition to my collection. Got lots of compliments on it, all from ladies; I even gave a couple of them the web address, so I may be generating some more sales for them (should I ask for a commission? LOL). Would be cool to see some lovely ladies parading around in one of these.
spitfire617

Re: Maium Original raincoat

Post by spitfire617 »

Yes they have possibilities!
Poncho bit I am not sure about but may be a good idea?
How quickly did they deliver it?
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

Took 5 days from the day I ordered, from the Netherlands to the USA
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Bill_P wrote: March 26th, 2021, 6:08 pm Took 5 days from the day I ordered, from the Netherlands to the USA
That is quick!
milrubber

Post by milrubber »

They used to make some of theri designs in shiny black. Maybe again in next season's collection?

I like the trench styled coat, that one in shiny olive would be just perfect!