Levi’s Rainy Days Hooded Jacket

Share your feedback on rainwear that you have or other rainwear related items and services you have made use of.
shinyphile

Levi’s Rainy Days Hooded Jacket

Post by shinyphile »

https://www.nordstromrack.com/s/levis-r ... color=NAVY

This is a must buy! They are almost out of stock at Nordstrom Rack here in the states. There are a few on eBay as well..It may not be for everyone though:

Thick polyurethane exterior. Not latex, not PVC, not SBR, but a polyurethane with matte rubber feel... though not rubber. Excellent feel regardless.

Exterior not glossy but a matte finish.

Colors are a good blend- such as darker blue, darker green, and black. There is also a camouflage color too.

Weight is heavy- this is for an area of the country with colder temperatures and rain. This is not for summer.
It is also not packable too easily in backpacks as it does not fold up well.

Length is not long. Wearers of this might suffer the wet knees. It is still worth it though and might have to take out my rain pants if outside for a long length of time.

There are specific men’s version - which is the link above. It is a style men can wear without much unwanted attention while still wearing a polyurethane exterior jacket.

Lining is part mesh and part something else.

Think of the weight of it as closer to what leather might be, but with rubbery look polyurethane instead. It is not the typical 80s/90s “rubberized nylon” lighter weight rain jackets that were pvc coated nylon.

This is a jacket for outside and for its intended purpose. For indoor use and for anyone wanting pvc unlined, something else would need to be purchased instead.

It’s a must buy for anyone waiting for trains and especially bus stops with no overhang.

I am glad I purchased it. Would buy again and maybe get another one perhaps another color.
Last edited by shinyphile on March 22nd, 2021, 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
milrubber

Re: Levi’s Rainy Days Hooded Jacket

Post by milrubber »

I would love to get one in camo, but the cost for shipping and import duties make it less attractive.
shinyphile

Post by shinyphile »

spitfire617 wrote: March 20th, 2021, 1:41 pm https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FAITHFUL-DRI ... Sw4GVYNc9Q

Or you could try those?
That looks like a good alternative. That one just from photos alone looks like the rubbery coated nylon and looks thinner than the Levi’s one. A good alternate option though it looks thinner which can come in handy for warmer temps.

I found this one today and didn’t realize it existed:

https://www.amazon.com/Tommy-Hilfiger-R ... riz&sr=8-4

This looks to be the closest raincoat that appears to be in the style of a Stutterheim but for less cost. However the Amazon reviews aren’t that favorable complaining about leaks and mold and bad stitching. So I am probably better off with what I have.
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

I have a Tommy Hilfiger raincoat in royal blue (significantly darker than it appears on Amazon). I think it's a great bargain, looks almost exactly like the Stutterheim Stockholm, but the fabric is much less stiff, slightly stretchy. I've only worn it in rain once, but looks like quality construction, no leaks, no funny smells etc.
rubgum

Post by rubgum »

I have this Tommy Hilfiger jacket in yellow and agree with Bill on all aspects. If you prefer the shiny ones, like me, this one is not for you.
But the feel comes close to rubberized cotton and that s what I m longing for.
What are your recommendations on soft, smooth coats ? I have Stutterheim, Farmerrain and many more.
Interrested in Guy Cotten, Helly Hansen, 66 North, Viking just to name a few .