Pakamacs

As requested by some members, a sub forum for all our gay members.
bossali

Pakamacs

Post by bossali »

Hi, do any other guys enjoy wearing pakamacs whch were popular in the 60s/70s
Love to hear from you
MrDoudy

Re: Pakamacs

Post by MrDoudy »

Love them! To conserve my expensive regulation belted navy blue gabardine raincoat for school wear only, my mother insisted I wore a plastic Pakamac at all other times whenever rain threatened and sometimes even when it didn't "just in case". Everyone had one in those days. Sometimes they came with a plastic carrying pouch but that this was always getting lost so usually we just carried our Pakamacs or shoved them in our pockets. I remember, when still in short trousers up to age 13, enjoying the feel of the cold plastic against my knees. I also like the sound of rain beating down on the plastic. I continued to wear a plastic Pakamac after leaving school when on walking holidays and later, on and off until my late 20s. I missed the heyday of the nylon Pakamacs that later replaced the plastic ones but visiting an aunt in the late 1980s I was caught short in the rain and she lent me a nylon mac that had been left by the previous male owner of the house as it buttoned up the man's way. I loved the plain simple cut, just 4 buttons to the collar with through-pockets for access and the different way the mac rustled compared with the plastic ones. I found more very similar n the local charity shops one of which had the Pakamac label. Also in a charity shop in the early 2000s I found an opaque shiny black PVC/plastic mac with plastic buttons (a feature too of my school plastic Pakamacs rather than the less reliable press studs that can come adrift in time), but unlike all my other Pakamacs which were made in UK this one was made in China so doubt it will prove as indestructible as my others.
bossali

Post by bossali »

wow, similar experience and memory to mine, sent a PM to you
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

Long long time since I have worn a Plastic Pakamac - must be 53 years at least.
I remember the smell and feel of them against my legs as I wore short pants to school until the second year of senior school.
I bought a nylon one of similar design which has a zip and keep it in the car for "emergencies"
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
bossali

Post by bossali »

Yep can remember the swishing of soft plastic on my legs as well !
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

bossali wrote: February 1st, 2021, 5:21 pm Yep can remember the swishing of soft plastic on my legs as well !
Be nice to have an original now
bossali

Post by bossali »

Im sat in one as we speak !
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

bossali wrote: February 2nd, 2021, 1:48 pm Im sat in one as we speak !
Oh you lucky man
And nothing else?
bossali

Post by bossali »

yes my wellies, sent you a DM
MrDoudy

Post by MrDoudy »

I first did the same though without the wellies, back in my youth, late teens/early 20s with the predictable result!