Raincoat with or without (you) hood !

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Hotnylon123

Re: Raincoat with or without (you) hood !

Post by Hotnylon123 »

You can have alot of fun with a detachable hood especially over ones face 😊
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

Hotnylon123 wrote: March 7th, 2022, 9:54 am You can have alot of fun with a detachable hood especially over ones face 😊
Mmm love playing with hoods even better if there waterproof
junerose

Post by junerose »

A detachable hood is a great thing to have on a raincoat, it can be used for so much fun. And an attached can only be used forwards or backwards. Still they both keep the rain off.

June.
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

junerose wrote: January 27th, 2023, 10:14 pm A detachable hood is a great thing to have on a raincoat, it can be used for so much fun. And an attached can only be used forwards or backwards. Still they both keep the rain off.

June.
I love a attached raincoat hood for in the rain and for some nice fun.
And also love detachable to.as I can pop it under my pillow and have some fun when in bed alone
raincoatgirl23

Post by raincoatgirl23 »

for me i love the raincoat with hood
SOU'WESTER_lovers

Post by SOU'WESTER_lovers »

If your raincoat dont have any hood, you can use a shiny plastic rain bonnet instead.
Sou'wester lovers
scotty

Post by scotty »

My preference is a mac without a hood. Like wearing the folding rain bonnets which are so retro and compliment a semi clear mac in the pouring rain ☔️
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

I don't dislike a non hooded mac especially the older .nylon mac's. My nan always used to wear one in the wet wether when she came to visit us.
I alway would go in the passage where it was hanging up to dry.and would always have to climb under it and stand there breathing in the lovely smell of wet nylon. And in her pocket was a rain bonnet clear one like your on about .lovely
snapfront

Post by snapfront »

I'm ok with hoods, and I am ok without hoods, but what I really don't like are detachable hoods, and hideaway hoods. for the same reason I never liked those pants or jackets that had detachable legs or sleeves. I've never been one for additional seams, zippers or pockets.
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

snapfront wrote: February 28th, 2023, 5:18 pm I'm ok with hoods, and I am ok without hoods, but what I really don't like are detachable hoods, and hideaway hoods. for the same reason I never liked those pants or jackets that had detachable legs or sleeves. I've never been one for additional seams, zippers or pockets.
Pretty much the same, for me cagoules have hoods but I tend to like macs without.