FarmerRain (yellow) retro raincoat review

Share your feedback on rainwear that you have or other rainwear related items and services you have made use of.
BobbyValore

Re: FarmerRain (yellow) retro raincoat review

Post by BobbyValore »

mason wrote: November 7th, 2019, 10:44 am Problem is, FarmerRain do not appear to be very interested in marketing to a wider audience. There are nowhere in Google rankings too.
Not sure about that, with the update of the website and the number of professional pics and videoclips they could become more attractive to the general public. Increasing overall visibility would be expensive though, and i can imagine them not having tons of money laying around after creating new rainwear and building the website.
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

I like the raincoat's color and shine, but the material is not soft as i was hoping it would be. i prefer the rukka material more which is like the shiny items international raincoats where they have the duck billed hood. also it would be nice if the raincoat had the inner waterproof flap and the storm flap in the back.
Tiefdruckgebiet

Post by Tiefdruckgebiet »

I own this raincoat since fall 2019 also. Today there is rain all day long and I wore my black retro coat bringing a parcel to a parcel station. A really good feel.

Generally I'm very happy Farmerrain made a retro-style raincoat looking similar to the old 70s/80s Rukkas AND (!) offeres it as a unisex item (mostly all the great fashion is for women only). I love the old classic Rukka style. PVC coated nylon/cotton base, silber snap buttons in the front. A shiny coat pays more attention than a matte one but is more fashionable (and exciting) so I chose the shiny version in black and the blue one.

The coat itself is heavier than expected. It is very long! Sleeve length seems a little bit short in relation the the overall length, this might be for the ladies to fit them better (?), just my suggestion. The loose belt in trenchcoat style is not really my taste but I modified it with snap buttons and a two-piece metal buckle to close it. If you don't like the belt the way it is, feel free to modify it (I use Prym Anorak snap buttons silver 12 mm). You just need a suitable buckle for a 5 cm belt. I got mine from etsy.com from a French seller.
timeless fashion is the best fashion - classic "rubberized" raincoats are timeless
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

one thing i wish the farmerrain design had was a storm flap in the back and if other materials were offered in that design.