Nylon Cagoules

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
annabell-cagoule

Nylon Cagoules

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Having read in the suggestions about a separate area for cagoules I thought that i’d start a thread just for rhose of us who love nylon cagoules, there are a few of us here who are interested or have them as our preferred choice of rainwear.

For me there is something about the shininess of the fabrics interior, the feel of it against my bare skin, the sound of it and the smell of certain makes.

My preferences are the original peter storm, the old regatta, k-way, runners-point, navy blue striped vintage ones, kag-in-bag and many other un named or vintage cagoules.

The swishy sound they make is amazing, how they crinkle when cold, cling to you when wet, slide over your skin, how you can layer them up and wear multiple ones at once.

Whats your favourite and do you also prefer cagoules over other types of rainwear? Favourite colours, brands and types? Lets make this thread for all cagoules lovers out there.

X
Last edited by annabell-cagoule on May 17th, 2019, 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lets get swishy!
Waterproofs

Re: Nylon Cagoules

Post by Waterproofs »

My regatta storm break suit is my fav by far!
Waterproofs

Post by Waterproofs »

My regatta storm break suit is my fav by far!
Andyf08

Post by Andyf08 »

Any type of cagoule for me especially if it has a hood that you can tie tightly.
YKK

Post by YKK »

Back in the 70's/80's. Royal Blue or Navy Blue Nylon Cagoules with the 1 inch wide, 3 white stripe ribbon down the arms were abundant.
It saddens me now to see hardly any of these on ebay. There must be thousands of these lovely Cagoules thrown into land fill.
Taking aeons to be destroyed underground. Almost no one apart from the people reading this thread perhaps could give a shit.
Needless to say, mine are not in land fill. I still have mine some 30 to 40 Years later. All are still fully waterproof. 100% Nylon, noisy as ever as Nylon should be. Not this Modern textured quiet Nylon shit made to look like cotton.
I feel better now I've had my small rant.

Love your Nylon Cagoule and proudly wear it. Stick one finger up to the throw away society we live in.
Waterproofs

Post by Waterproofs »

YKK wrote: May 13th, 2019, 6:40 pm Back in the 70's/80's. Royal Blue or Navy Blue Nylon Cagoules with the 1 inch wide, 3 white stripe ribbon down the arms were abundant.
It saddens me now to see hardly any of these on ebay. There must be thousands of these lovely Cagoules thrown into land fill.
Taking aeons to be destroyed underground. Almost no one apart from the people reading this thread perhaps could give a shit.
Needless to say, mine are not in land fill. I still have mine some 30 to 40 Years later. All are still fully waterproof. 100% Nylon, noisy as ever as Nylon should be. Not this Modern textured quiet Nylon shit made to look like cotton.
I feel better now I've had my small rant.

Love your Nylon Cagoule and proudly wear it. Stick one finger up to the throw away society we live in.
Love those jackets! Can’t ever seem to find any for sale!
discoruss

Post by discoruss »

Yeah. I too love the sound cagoules new and old.
Full zip and half zip sound amazing.

Got many in my collection.
Peter storm, regatta, k way and some unbranded ones too.

Got some of the cagoules with the stripes down the arms as well.

Not got a half zip peter storm cagoule which I'm looking out for.

The more the swishy the better.
Andyf08

Post by Andyf08 »

I'm with you I love my cagoule and wear them all the time.
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

I found from an early age that I liked wearing cagoules. The look of them, the feel of them,even the sound of them!Especially good to see them worn by women. I also liked matching overtrousers. Another garment I enjoyed wearing were the thin nylon shorts which were so common back in the 70's and 80's.
Petastorm

Post by Petastorm »

Navy Peter Storm full zip is my all time favourite. I probably have about 200 Peter storm cags and around 200 other brands. I also like semi transparent plastic and the new rubberised fabric jackets like Rains. My girlfriend also has a love for all these fabrics and we both wear our waterproofs almost everyday for work and play!