Arrivederci Aroma - Rubber Mac

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
mrbassman101

Re: Arrivederci Aroma - Rubber Mac

Post by mrbassman101 »

Interesting discussion, I was indoctrinated into rubber frome the age of about 4 in 1959 . Living in the North-East of England . My mother was a confirmed mackintosh wearer , at the time she had 5 of varying materials, styles and aromas . I also had a young German nanny , Ingrid, who habitually wore a proper rubber Klepper mac she said it was made in 1950 and was given to her by her mother . She also wore rubber gloves and a brown rubber apron to attend to me , bathing ,toilet etc etc .
I was therefore no stranger to rubber aromas , and I was perfectly happy holding Ingrid's hand and waking next to her in town breathing the lovely rubbery aroma of her dark gray Klepper mac. .
In later years living in the South-West of England School girls in rubber macs and visits to the Dentist added more rubber aromas to my life .
I definitely could not imagine rubber rainwear and clothing without the proper rubbery scent lingering in the air .
I have definitely come across that aroma where it shouldn't be in trousers , and believe it or not in Cabury's chocolate foil wrappers . Very strange !
Would love to hear more comments on this subject . Regards mrbassman101