Pakamacs

As requested by some members, a sub forum for all our gay members.
plasticpacamac

Re: Pakamacs

Post by plasticpacamac »

I recall many much earlier occasions when I wore a pakamac over a suit, from when I started my first job after leaving college, I acquired a Vespa motor scooter and often rode to work on it dressed in my then only grey suit, always with a clean white shirt, collar and tie, under my black plastic Pakamac. Rubber-lined overtrousers completed my waterproof outfit. Colleagues suggested I should get myself some proper motorcycle clothes but I preferred my pakamac and rubber trousers.
Nylonmacs4me

Post by Nylonmacs4me »

plasticpacamac wrote: July 25th, 2023, 10:03 am I recall many much earlier occasions when I wore a pakamac over a suit, from when I started my first job after leaving college, I acquired a Vespa motor scooter and often rode to work on it dressed in my then only grey suit, always with a clean white shirt, collar and tie, under my black plastic Pakamac. Rubber-lined overtrousers completed my waterproof outfit. Colleagues suggested I should get myself some proper motorcycle clothes but I preferred my pakamac and rubber trousers.
I remember in my motorcycle days having a pu lined wet weather jumpsuit I wore over my leather jacket and pants.
Always leaked at the crouch though, so it was rather unpleasant in a big downpour.
I’m sure you looked very dapper in your suit, Pakamac and over trousers cruising along on your Vespa.
mackintoshed

Post by mackintoshed »

A gentleman in a suit and pakamac, be it nylon or plastic, is so rare. Would love to be in the company of such a man.
Nylonmacs4me

Post by Nylonmacs4me »

In the 70’s and 80’s in Australia 🇦🇺 Pakamac style raincoats were about as common as puffer jackets are today.
Business guys always had one rolled up in their briefcases just incase a shower happened.
Working in the city and being a lover of raincoats from a very young age it was a natural progression to become attracted to raincoat clad suit guys.
Because Nylon raincoats were most prevalent then, I naturally gravitated to that material.
But still have a soft spot for lightweight pvc raincoats as well.
KlepperGuy

Post by KlepperGuy »

Plastic Pakamacs hold a very special memory for me and its not a sexual one.

It's a memory of going to Blackpool in the early 1960's with my mum and dad. To say the weather was not perfect would be an understatement, we had strong winds and heavy rain.

The wind was so strong, it whipped up the sand on the beach, and blew it along the promenade. You had to shield your face to prevent it going in your eyes. A couple of shops had the initiative to sell some cheap goggles that were apparently army issue.

When the rain came, it came down like 'stair-rods' and at times, went horizontal. My mum was suitable attired in her mack, but dad and I had nothing. Thankfully there was a Woolworths on the promenade and we went in and purchased two Pakamacs. Coming out of 'Woolys' dressed in our new purchases, we set off down the prom. My dad wore a flat cap and his Packamac and me I wore my school cap and my very own Packamac.

Like most kids, I adored my dad, but to be dressed in a Pakamac, just like he was, was the 'bestest'. I felt 'grown-up' walking by his side, protected from the wind and rain.
It's a memory that has never left me and always comes to mind when I see the word 'Pakamac' or see a vintage photo of one.

The sexual side of life where I would derived pleasure from such plastic, pvc and rubber garments and clothes came later.

But that 'one moment' on the 'time-line' of my early life, is one of my happiest memories......created by an object that was part of the British way of life and one that has stimulated and excited so many others and still does.

Klepperguy
plasticpacamac

Post by plasticpacamac »

I too remember virtually living in my plastic pakamac from age 10 to age 18, except for travel too and from school when the regulation school gabardine had to be worn. I continued to wear them on and off up to around age 30 by which time plastic packamacs were rarely seen though nylon pakamacs continued to be quite commonly worn for some years after. Then in my early 60s, newly retired and with time on my hands I decided to revisit my pakamac days rediscovering pakamacs, both plastic and nylon for about £2 from charity shops which gave me a real thrill even though i looked in truth rather dowdy in them. Through various websites I made contact with other pakamac wearers so we would meet in certain pubs somewhat before contact by mobile phone became universal so specifying a pub to meet and that a pacamac would be worn made identification of your intended "meet" easy!. Sadly those times have in turn faded into oblivion and London at least has become once again a pakamac-free zone!
Mike2000

Post by Mike2000 »

I still wear peter storm cagoule etc...I’m in central London and keen to meet up