Going off topic can be dangerous.

Non rainwear related post about all things other than rainwear.
pvcbliss

Going off topic can be dangerous.

Post by pvcbliss »

I bought a bright yellow electric cement mixer yesterday. Plugged it in. Hit the green button and got a big electric shock. I wish I'd been indoors messing around in shiny vinyl panties. A lot safer. Probably more fun, but it wont get my wall built. I would appreciate suitable critism.
Back to my rather large rum and coke.
SanneRWP

Re: Going off topic can be dangerous.

Post by SanneRWP »

Safety first; next time wear thick rubber gloves and boots with thick rubber soles to avoid getting a shock. Maybe add some more gear just to be sure.
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

This is definitely correct and the shiny vinyl panties should be worn as well when doing diy work. ;)
pvcbliss

Post by pvcbliss »

Yes. Full PPE is a must. Plastic pants etc. Health and safety should always be tantamount. Its nice to know Im dealing with experts.
Cherie

Post by Cherie »

Better still get someone in to do the work but insist that you both wear PPE to be extra safe. You need to supervise at all times and to check that their PPE is fitted correctly periodically.

Cherie x
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

Sorry to hear you had a shock, but it only shows that much of the manufactured goods we buy these days is made to a minimal standard. If you want a decent mixer buy one made by Belle( British manufacture) a second hand one would do you ok and you could always sell it on once you have finished with it.
User1234

Post by User1234 »

SanneRWP wrote: July 7th, 2023, 12:09 pm Safety first; next time wear thick rubber gloves and boots with thick rubber soles to avoid getting a shock. Maybe add some more gear just to be sure.
Hi Sanne,

You are right use the Personal Protective Equipment.

Further advise:
For starting: thick rubber electric gloves and boots
For use: also use proper rainwear (you are working with water) and face protection e.g. gas mask.
PLASTIC BOY

Post by PLASTIC BOY »

Hi pvcbliss
I totally agree with cherie get some other person to do the work, But as somebody else has said MAKE sure they are wearing plastic PPE and you can see it ALL the time????