Most memorable mackintosh ever

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Tradmack

Most memorable mackintosh ever

Post by Tradmack »

Now summer is upon us I thought I'd like to hear from members about their all time fav mackintosh or rainwear.
To kick it off, here's one of mine. I spoke to Arthur Macarthur at Lakeland Elements one day about thirty years ago and agreed to buy an original David Marsh SBR mackintosh. A few days later a parcel arrived and with much anticipation I hurriedly tore it open to reveal a glossy black rubber mack. The sweet rustle of SBR followed as I donned the glorious rubber mackintosh and inhaled the great aroma pertaining to the garment. This mack gave me years of service and indeed enjoyment, only a true aficionado of SBR mackintoshes will appreciate. My fondest memories are of rushing home early from work on Fridays to catch the last of the light, don my mack and walk the dogs in a local forest. The mack was worn whether it rained or not and the enjoyment was palpable for years. The collar frayed first but I continued wearing the mack with the collar turned up all around for years.
It was a good friend to me in and out of the house and tearfully it was eventually confined the bin in the late nineties. R.I.P.
mackintoshed

Re: Most memorable mackintosh ever

Post by mackintoshed »

I have had several rubber mackintoshes over the years, including a David Marsh, kindly given to me by a member whose no longer with us. So they were pretty well used when I got them. I had years of enjoyment with these macks, both at home and on woodland walks, but I no longer have them. My passion now relies on what little videos there are on youtube, and reading posts, like yours, on here.