WALKING IN MULTI LAYERS OF PVC MACS

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
PLASTIC BOY

Re: WALKING IN MULTI LAYERS OF PVC MACS

Post by PLASTIC BOY »

That sounds great Wish I could come and watch???????????
GlendaS

Post by GlendaS »

PLASTIC BOY wrote: May 21st, 2023, 10:00 am That sounds great Wish I could come and watch???????????
Well you never know!!
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

GlendaS wrote: May 21st, 2023, 8:58 am
Nylon macs wrote: May 21st, 2023, 7:13 am
GlendaS wrote: May 21st, 2023, 6:31 am

Yes Sarah,

i too have spent the afternoon sunbathing in the garden with three ankle length PVC macs, wellies, and PVC rainhat and the sun warms the lovely PVC all nice and soft and the smell in lovely. Its going to be a nice day today so may put on 6 macs today.
GlendaS.
Mmmm make sure you put the hood up over your face
Of course and I have two lovely clear plastic bags to go over my head and taped
Mmm that's it .can I have an invitation parity please
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

Nylon macs wrote: May 21st, 2023, 5:37 pm
GlendaS wrote: May 21st, 2023, 8:58 am
Nylon macs wrote: May 21st, 2023, 7:13 am

Mmmm make sure you put the hood up over your face
Of course and I have two lovely clear plastic bags to go over my head and taped
Mmm that's it .can I have an invitation parity please
Was ment to say prity
Sarah pvc

Post by Sarah pvc »

GlendaS wrote: May 21st, 2023, 6:31 am
Sarah pvc wrote: May 20th, 2023, 12:23 pm Yes frequently,
Pvc trousers, corset, dress, black trench fully buttoned up, stilettos or hunter wellies etc
Started off in secluded areas miles away, then evenings then on a “street” to push the boundaries, then truck spots…ahem
Then daytime, as today in the garden in my black trench , sweaty uwe but the smell as the sun hits the Pvc…Devine.
I wouldn’t want to meet anyone and be awkward and the like but it’s striking that line, cross dressing or going out in rainwear isn’t illegal…yet.
Yes Sarah,

i too have spent the afternoon sunbathing in the garden with three ankle length PVC macs, wellies, and PVC rainhat and the sun warms the lovely PVC all nice and soft and the smell in lovely. Its going to be a nice day today so may put on 6 macs today.
GlendaS.
How wonderfull darling,
What a sight to behold.
rainwearinme

Post by rainwearinme »

Would like help in putting layer after layer of my PVC Mac's on , not forgetting a PVC Mac done up from the back .
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

Mmmm just the way I love it .
On my way 👍👍
Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast

Post by Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast »

I wear multilayers of PVC (not nylon, not PVA, not EVA, not polythene, but actual Vinyl aka PVC aka Polyvinylchloride) rainwear in public, when the weather is appropriate (I think I'd look like an idiot wearing PVC rainwear on a sunny, warm and rainless day, but when I wear PVC rainwear in public when it is rainy/drizzly, windy, dull and overcast, people never bat an eyelid).

When I say multilayers, I mean no more than 2 or 3 layers of raincoats: full-length or those 1970s/80s-style jelly jackets.

The PVC must be glossy/shiny on both sides, as I particularly enjoy the noise aspect (the rustle and squeak). So, usually, my go-to PVC material is Glass Clear PVC.

When the shiny and 'sticky' PVC surfaces of multiple rainwear layers rub against each other, there is 'friction' (if that's the correct way to describe it; the technical term is referred to in the flexible plastics films/sheets industry as 'blocking'). In the process of 'blocking', a lot of noise is created: rustle, creak and squeak. I really enjoy the noise. The more layers, the more noise (although, I find that more than 3 layers of full-length PVC raincoats are impractically heavy!).

Very clean glass clear PVC is especially noisy (I wash the PVC by immersing it in lukewarm warm with a few drops Fairy liquid, followed by a thorough rinsing and air-drying).

I don't know why shiny-both-sides opaque PVC is not all that common. Is it too expensive to manufacture compared to opaque PVC that is only shiny on one side? PUL used to have a limited stock of shiny-both-sides 1960s black PVC, which was very soft, sticky and noisy. I have a full-length raincoat made from this material, and wear I wear it in public, people comment on how shiny it is, and they ask where they can buy one!